AA weekly specials for 3/03/04

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
TRAVEL DATES AND TIMES FOR WEEKEND GETAWAY FARES

Depart anytime between Wednesday, March 3, 2004 and Friday, March 5, 2004.
Return anytime between Monday, March 8, 2004 and Wednesday, March 10, 2004.
Tickets must be purchased by this Friday, February 27, 2004, 11:59 p.m. (CT).
Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel.

Boston, MA (BOS) Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) $189

Miami, FL (MIA) Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) $139

New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) $189

San Juan, PR (SJU) La Romana, Dominican Republic (LRM) # $109

San Juan, PR (SJU) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) # $109

San Juan, PR (SJU) Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) # $149

# American Eagle or AmericanConnection service
^ A portion of travel may be on American Eagle or AmericanConnection service

HOW TO BOOK NET SAAVER FARES
Net SAAver Fares are now available on the Web at AA.com.
To book, go to AA.com by clicking:

www.aa.com/netsaaver

AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards Section
Travel On 7,000 AAdvantage Miles!

Award travel is closer than you think because now you can claim AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards for as low as 7,000 AAdvantage miles. With this award reduction, getting away with Net SAAver Awards has never been easier!

See how far your miles can take you. Call AAdvantage Reservations today.

$ 89 destinations are just $39 plus 7,000 miles
$ 99 destinations are just $39 plus 7,000 miles
$139 destinations are just $39 plus 13,000 miles
$169 destinations are just $39 plus 13,000 miles
$189 destinations are just $39 plus 16,000 miles

Our AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are a great way to use your AAdvantage miles to obtain a travel award for less mileage. To determine the mileage required, compare the fares in this week's Domestic Weekend Getaway list with the chart above.
AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are valid for travel departing 7:00 p.m. or after, Friday, March 5, 2004 or anytime Saturday, March 6, 2004 for the cities listed above.
AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are not applicable to First/Business Class, International or Transborder fares.
To book your AAdvantage Net SAAver Award trip call AAdvantage Reservations toll-free, 800-882-8880.

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
how about from American mid west?

Johnsr,
sir, you obviously know about air fares to DR. Just yesterday AA quoted $814 from Lincoln NE or Omaha or Kansas cty. In your prices listed fro NY or MIami , even flying to those two place saparately would be cheper than buying the whole ticket all the way thru, It does not make sense to me . can you exapnd on this, please.
Rami

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
passjet.gif
Rami said:
Johnsr,
sir, you obviously know about air fares to DR. Just yesterday AA quoted $814 from Lincoln NE or Omaha or Kansas cty. In your prices listed fro NY or MIami , even flying to those two place saparately would be cheper than buying the whole ticket all the way thru, It does not make sense to me . can you exapnd on this, please.
Rami

Rami, My only knowledge of air fares to the DR are the same as any other informed consumer. I check the fares often, (daily) and when I feel they are at there (hopefully) lowest point I book my next trip! $814.00 sounds very high!!! How about Southwest or Jet Blue to NY and then AA to the DR? Just a thought.
John

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
NY and MIA aren't Nebraska, basically

Rami said:
Johnsr,
Rami

All the specials listed are regular flights, nonstop between the USA and the DR that they have unsold space on and it is becoming close to the time the flights leave, so they sell them off cheap. Also note you have to leave March 3,4,5 and come back March 8,9,10. Thus they are not suitable for someone "planning" a trip as much as someone who can go because there is a special price. You also have to decide quick- buy them with only 2 days notice.

If you are in Omaha and want these fares (and can live with the restrictions, e.g. you cannot buy them 2 months ahead, they are only 2 days ahead) then when you try to book them the price should be about the cost of Omaha to NY (or BOS, MIA, SJU) +the special price on to the DR. If not then try a different airline to the departure point. JetBlue is an example.

Because the cities you mentioned are not exactly hotbeds of activity for any airline, they are going to be a bit more $$$ than you'd prefer as you have to get somewhere with a lot of flights to connect, first.

Also note that these specials are to various cities (of their choosing) in the DR, so if you wanted to go to POP you can't, if you wanted to go to SDQ you have to go only via BOS, since the flights from JFK don't go there this time.

It is literally impossible to decipher or make any logical conclusion about airline fares regardless of the airline, at any time I would suspect AA has 10,000 various fares available for maybe 700 destinations.

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
Thanks

Thank you both,
It appears that we will have to do a lot of searching and try to make sense out of all the different fares. We want to make a couple of trips there this year. After our trip there 2 weeks ago, we are trying to decide wheather we want to move or spend our winters in DR. compared to , say going to PTO Vallarta in Mexico. Going by AA from here we need to spend one night in NYC or Miami (According to their schedules) Wish there was a direct path. We went on AI trip last .It was non stop from Denver via Ryan international. Upon contacting them, they informed me that they will discontinue their service to POP after April of this year. That would have been good way to get there. Every time we find some thing good it seems to go away.
Thanks we will keep on trying
Rami

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Rami said:
Thank you both,
It appears that we will have to do a lot of searching and try to make sense out of all the different fares. We want to make a couple of trips there this year. After our trip there 2 weeks ago, we are trying to decide wheather we want to move or spend our winters in DR. compared to , say going to PTO Vallarta in Mexico. Going by AA from here we need to spend one night in NYC or Miami (According to their schedules) Wish there was a direct path. We went on AI trip last .It was non stop from Denver via Ryan international. Upon contacting them, they informed me that they will discontinue their service to POP after April of this year. That would have been good way to get there. Every time we find some thing good it seems to go away.
Thanks we will keep on trying
Rami

Rami, Have you checked the web or local travel agents to see if there are any "Charter Flights" from any area near your home? You might try "Apple Vacations" or some of the other vacation package brokers.
John