Juan Dolio Activities

Lonniee

Feb 17, 2004
Hello all,

We will be staying in Juan Dolio in June. We would like to get into the country and do some activities. Following is a list of activities we would like to try. We are having problems finding places online to book these activities. We are wondering if they are offered from juan dolio and cost, how to book them, good experiences people may have had etc.

Fishing? (deep sea and/or anything to get us out fishing)
Hiking Tours/Water Falls
Cultural Tours (tours into the country to see what life is really like)
Rum Factories, sugar care fields, etc.
Renting sail boats with captain
dinner cruises/catamaran cruises etc.

Or any other things that people think we should really go try. We are up for anything and are looking to just have fun.

Thanks!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ok...here's some of the answers!

Deep sea fishing can be booked at Metro Hotel and Marina. I would imagine they also have sailboats available but don't quote me as I haven't checked it out.
Jeep safari's can be booked either through the hotel you'll be staying at or at kiosks on the street (there are a couple of "tour" companies operating in the area - check out JR Tours and a new one -can't recall the name- beside Guilia's Cafe).
The day trip to Catalina Island or Saona Island are worthwhile.
Hire a taxi to take you in to the colonial section of Santo Domingo. You can pick up a guide near Columbus' House who will show you all the important sights for a few hundred pesos.
You may also want to hire the taxi to take you to the Cueva Maravilla between San Pedro and La Romana.
Waterfall tours can be booked at the tour companies.
Haven't heard of any dinner cruises but if you have the time and the funds you can book a four day cruise on one of the cruise ships that dock regularly in La Romana. (Check a local newspaper for advertised specials).
Hope this helps!
Enjoy!!!