Jan 1, 2002
Just about all of them?

Mersk
Tropical
Evergreen
etc
Etc
Etc?

Also consult PIB, she can tell you for sure....

HB

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
Freight Forwarder

I've used OAS out of Miami on a few shipments. Competitive and good to deal with. I'd agree on using a broker that deals in the area rather than the freight line - the brokers usually have volume discounts with the shipping lines and have better pricing.

Oliver @ oac-miami@worldnet.att.net

Good luck,

BigD

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Maersk Sealand goes from the DR directly to New Jersey via ocean freight, and then the container is transferred and goes the rest of the way via inland trucking to Toronto. The shipment does not clear US Customs, only Canadian Customs on arrival in Toronto.

Maersk Sealand doesn't offer ocean service all the way to Toronto, either directly or with an intermediate stop.

I am sorry that I do not know the answer to your original question - you will need to ask a Canadian shipping firm about shipping FROM Toronto TO the DR.

Suerte.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Full Contaner Load

Before you jump into the fire.

Best you get advice from an ocean freight forwarder in Toronto.

The best counsel I can give you is not to ship a whole container load of goods to the island. Less is more. Import taxes some legal & illegal, bureaucratic delays, and high transportation costs will empty your bank and ruin your peace-of-mind. If you wish to start up a business and live there, ship only what you cannot purchase in the D.R.

If you do want to ship a container, the option with Maersk/Sealand from Toronto does sound best. The container will be trucked from Toronto to Port of NY/NJ to be forwarded to their own terminal in Haina (Santo Domingo).

Regards
PJT

Last edited: