State of the Republic Address

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Did I hear right today? At the State of the Republic address by "His Baldness", 2 minutes on what successes this Government had achieved (ALL LIES!!!!) & 20 minutes on why 'Hippo' should be returned to power as President?? I KNOW there are not many successes this Government can claim from 4 years in power BUT ....... what a cheek to use the time available to promote himself as the only sensible Presidential candidate!!

Did he actually say that he has to be returned because if not, nothing would be decided in the next 4 years as there was a PPH (Shanghied PRD) controlled Senate & Congress? Heck 'Your Baldness' - don't you realise that most of us would prefer 4 years of no deciisions rather than the sorts of decisions YOUR lot have been making this last 4 years? !!!

Did he ACTUALLY say that a ship shouldn't change the Captain in times of heavy seas because this might cause the ship to flounder?? Check the facts 'Hippo', THE SHIP IS ALREADY FLOUNDERING- in fact it is LISTING VERY BADLY, ALMOST TO THE STATE OF NOT BEING RECOVERABLE!!! ANY decent ship's company has the right - NAY, the moral DUTY - in mercantile law to replace the ship's Captain BY WHATEVER MEANS DEEMED NECESSARY, if he is causing irreperable damage to the ship.

Take note from the polls/surveys CAPTAIN Hippo, the ship's company want you GONE & someone they like, respect, trust & will WORK for, put in your place!! We want that NOW - but are prepared (as patient & responsible people) to wait until proper election day. Refuse to go, or rig the election, & the ship's company WILL replace you!!

Nice dress sense Milagros - not changing from the earlier mourning outfit to attend the Address to the Nation speech!! I hope her 'stern, reproaching face' & only 'polite' minimum applause, was noticed by the ship's company too!

Happy & smooth sailing soon friends - We HOPE!!! - Grahame.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Bushbaby

For having the courage to say it like it is.
I get worried, as an ex-pat that "his Baldness" and his cronies are gonna crush my little slice of paradise if I get too vocal about him.
So now that you've opened the can of worms, let me tell you a little story about 3 guys, an American, a German and a Dominican talking about medecine, when the American blurted out that they had the best surgeons in the world, and that they had actually re-attached a fellows arm after being severred off in a farm accident, and now he's a pitcher in the National league.. To which the German fellow said, that's nothing, we had a guy who lost both his legs, and our doctors re-attached them and he just won the tour de France last year. Then the Domincan said, our doctors have managed to save some poor "campasino's" life, who's head got lopped off, and they transplanted a coconut onto his neck, and now he's President.
Marco.

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Nobody could have tell it better!

BushBaby said:
Did I hear right today? At the State of the Republic address by "His Baldness", 2 minutes on what successes this Government had achieved (ALL LIES!!!!) & 20 minutes on why 'Hippo' should be returned to power as President?? I KNOW there are not many successes this Government can claim from 4 years in power BUT ....... what a cheek to use the time available to promote himself as the only sensible Presidential candidate!!

Did he actually say that he has to be returned because if not, nothing would be decided in the next 4 years as there was a PPH (Shanghied PRD) controlled Senate & Congress? Heck 'Your Baldness' - don't you realise that most of us would prefer 4 years of no deciisions rather than the sorts of decisions YOUR lot have been making this last 4 years? !!!

Did he ACTUALLY say that a ship shouldn't change the Captain in times of heavy seas because this might cause the ship to flounder?? Check the facts 'Hippo', THE SHIP IS ALREADY FLOUNDERING- in fact it is LISTING VERY BADLY, ALMOST TO THE STATE OF NOT BEING RECOVERABLE!!! ANY decent ship's company has the right - NAY, the moral DUTY - in mercantile law to replace the ship's Captain BY WHATEVER MEANS DEEMED NECESSARY, if he is causing irreperable damage to the ship.

Take note from the polls/surveys CAPTAIN Hippo, the ship's company want you GONE & someone they like, respect, trust & will WORK for, put in your place!! We want that NOW - but are prepared (as patient & responsible people) to wait until proper election day. Refuse to go, or rig the election, & the ship's company WILL replace you!!

Nice dress sense Milagros - not changing from the earlier mourning outfit to attend the Address to the Nation speech!! I hope her 'stern, reproaching face' & only 'polite' minimum applause, was noticed by the ship's company too!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Purple

Did not hear or see the address, but we drove from Guaybin to Cabarete yesterday and the countryside was purple... Everywhere on the relatively quiet roads, were purple gatherings.... purple flags, purple houses, purple walls... I tell you, the countryside is purple...

Carlos G

Feb 28, 2004
Really Sad

Given all recent survey results, forums, and Online polls, its really incredible to see that HIPPO and PPH are moving forward full force in their reelection ambitions. Despite the fact that exchange rate and capital outflow is the direct result of the governments (contradicting) economic policies and Hippo's reelection purposes, Hippo will STILL not back down. A true leader of a country should put the interests of the Country (he has sworn to serve) before his own personal interests. But as our beloved president has been sincere in admitting, he likes his "Carguito".

Hope for all Dominicans lies in the upcoming election.
One would think that there is absolutely no way that Hipo will remain in power past August 16. Sadly however, my gut feeling leeds me to believe that there will not be a change of government (despite what the polls say and Domincans clearly want). PPH has a very interesting way of accomplishing the goals they set out to do. Evidence of this is the chaos being experienced internally in the PRD as a result of the presidential candidacy. I guess it will be interesting to see how this battle turns out and what Hipo and PPH have in store for our country.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
How do you think the population will react if Hippo wins despite 15% showing in pre-election polls amid obvious voting irregularities? Will they just accept political sheninagans as in the past, moan and groan a bit, and then go on with life? Or would they protest in the streets and demand fair elections or his downfall a.la Aristide?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Conchman said:
How do you think the population will react if Hippo wins despite 15% showing in pre-election polls amid obvious voting irregularities? Will they just accept political sheninagans as in the past, moan and groan a bit, and then go on with life? Or would they protest in the streets and demand fair elections or his downfall a.la Aristide?

I honestly believe Dominicans would just "accept" it and go on with life. Might be a few "huelgas" where a few innocent souls lose their lives coming home from work but nothing would come of it... Without some kind of outside "influence", the bald hippo would stay to rape and pillage the country for another 4 years (at least).

In 4 years he can change the constitution again and declare himself another Trujillo or Balaguer.

We can only hope that L. Fernandez wins by such a big margin that electoral fraud wouldnt matter in the outcome. If not, we can pretty much say that the D.R. as we know it, will most likely cease to exist.

Just my 2 cents (USD :) )...

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Conchman said:
Or would they protest in the streets and demand fair elections or his downfall a.la Aristide?

If Hipolito wins, there aren't enough balls in this country to do that! If hipolito wins, he'll surely have problems abroad and perhaps some domestic protests. But remember who owns and control the tigeraje here? The PRD.
And if the PRD doesnt want them to move a finger, they wont!
Who will protests? Probably people like you and me and some other middleclass survivors pissed off at the situation and some haqrdcore compa?eros del PLD who want to get their turn at milking the government cow again, but thats it! A couple of caco negros swinging their macanas and a night in jail and we'll all go home at take 4 more years of the hipster up the butt!

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
The people can protest all the want but unlike Aristide, the DR has a pretty decent military. I strongly doubt hipolito will loose sleep about unleashing them on the protesters. Hipo does have the favor of Bush right now so I would expect Bush to turn a blind eye to a bit of bloodshed.

Don't interpret this the wrong way, I know he should be replaced but pulling that off is harder done than said.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
BushBaby said:

Heck, Grahame, don't you realize that Leonel can rule by Presidential edict just like His Hipponess has??

I's be willing to bet that most of the 'edicts' issued by Hippo will be reversed in the early days of Leonel's reign. If he doesn't reverse them, then he's a fool!

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
gringo in dr said:
The people can protest all the want but unlike Aristide, the DR has a pretty decent military. I strongly doubt hipolito will loose sleep about unleashing them on the protesters. Hipo does have the favor of Bush right now so I would expect Bush to turn a blind eye to a bit of bloodshed.

Don't interpret this the wrong way, I know he should be replaced but pulling that off is harder done than said.

Your comment about Bush is totally un-called-for and as callous a remark as I have ever read. You're totally wrong in such an assumption and I seriously doubt if you are truly an American citizen even though your handle infers that.

Texas Bill

Apr 26, 2002
Is there a script book from which Texas, Criss and XR are reading and that the rest of us don't know about? All of this personal shock and dismay when someone attributes anything less than superhuman qualities to George W. Bush. And to call someone anti-American to boot for simply applying real politik to a politician's actions - shamefull!

If you think that Hippo sent troops to Iraq because of his concern for weapons of mass destruction, then you're truly confused. If you don't believe that repaying this favor could involve not seeing a few electoral shenanigans, some money laundering or even a little blood, you (i) need a refresher course on US history and (ii) have got blinders on. Haven't you watched Haiti and Venezuela? Did you know that CARICOM issued a statement condemning US action - expressing concern that the US is anti-democratic? This President does not particularly respect democracy.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
KEEP this on track please Gentlemen!!!! This thread is about the State of the Republic Address by Our Esteemed (in his eyes only) President - That is the DR, not US of A.

I am NOT a believer that the US of A brings only GOOD things to the negotiating table when the leaders start spouting off, but that does NOT have a space on this thread (unless of course GWB wrote Hippo's speech & we didn't know it!!) - Grahame.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Texas Bill open your eyes.

I am an American, born and raised, although I'm embarrassed by that fact many times. I saw through the wmd BS before the "war" was started.

Too many Americans take every thing for fact. Albert Einstein once stated, only two things are infinate. The universe and human stupidity. He also said has was not sure about the first one.

To bring this thread back on track before the mod mongers put the lock on it, the dr as well as many of the other countries have no reason to be in iraq. Well they do have one reason, one hand washes the other.