Where to stay in Las Terrenas for 1 night

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
Hi everyone.

Back in October my husband and I drove from Sosua to Las Terrenas and enjoyed the drive very much. We decided to just arrive and look for a place to stay 1 night if necessary. We ended up staying at a small quaint place across the street from the beach. The name of this place was El Papaguayo. Rene and his wife are the new owners and provide wonderful service with a smile.

We will be back again in Sosua for 2 wks March 9th. My parents will be with us and I would like to show them this area. This is now high season and I'm not sure if just showing up and expecting 2 rooms for 1 night may be a possibility. I would like to contact Rene at El Papaguayo and reserve 2 rooms but can not seem to find anything through a search engine.

Anyone know of this place and perhaps a contact number or e-mail? Or are there any other places that people have been to and can recommend for 1 night. We are not fussy people and do not expect 5 star accomodations. Something simple, clean, and close to beach and town.

Thank you,
Palmas

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
a couple of possibilities

palmas said:
Anyone know of this place and perhaps a contact number or e-mail? Or are there any other places that people have been to and can recommend for 1 night. We are not fussy people and do not expect 5 star accomodations. Something simple, clean, and close to beach and town.

Thank you,
Palmas

I know of the Papagayo. The last number I had for them was 240-6131, but it is a few years old. It did not seem like they were too busy when we were there in February last year. You could also try the Hotel Coconut Plaza which is nice and pretty quiet, and it is near the beach. Next door is the Hotel Kanesh, which was recommended to us but we did not stay there. I am guessing you could find 2 rooms for a night without advance reservations.

Bob H.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
One night in LT

Well, if it?s only one night you deserve the best.
Go to Punta Bonita Beach, about 2 miles out of LT.
Take your first possible left turn after passing the petrol station.
Punta Bonita is where we go down for a day on the beach.
You have several hotels to choose from:
Coyamar
Acaya
Las Ballenas
Casa Grande (although it?s the smallest)
Punta Bonita Hotel
Atlantis
They are all small hotels and the beach is AAA.
It?s a pity you only have one day.
M?frog
BTW: You don?t have to book in advance.

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
appleman - Are these 2 hotels located by the papaguayo? We walked in both directions and found quite a few places offering accomodations at that time, but can't even remember the names. thanks for replying back.

mountainfrog - thanks for the advice regarding more than 1 night. Would love to stay longer but time has a way of creeping up on you and before you know it, the departure day is here. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks,
Palmas

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
palmas said:
appleman - Are these 2 hotels located by the papaguayo? We walked in both directions and found quite a few places offering accomodations at that time, but can't even remember the names. thanks for replying back.

Palmas

Where the road splits in town at the cemetery, take the road going to the left of the cemetery down past "restaurant row". The sandy road runs along the beach and has numerous accommodations all along it. Coconut Plaza is about 50 yards up a connecting road near the Hotel Abergine. (sp)? Papagayo would be to the right of the cemetery. The Coconut Plaza is maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from Papagayo if I remember correctly.

Bob H.