Would like off the beaten track advice.. N and N.East

treesypeesy

Feb 29, 2004
Hi there,
Very excited about going to DR for 3 weeks at the end of March, would like some advice on where to go to get away from it all, what we don't want is inclusive resorts and a sterile could be anywhere experience, what we do want is quiet beaches, shell collecting, nature, self-made adventures etc

Heard about some cabanas at playa limon near miches, but just read a pretty disappointing report :(
http://www.canada.com/travel/activity/sun/story.html?id=6A4064D9-7E7E-4574-B15E-E6B722DDFC04 , wondered if anyone had any up to date info on this place as it the lonely planet it sounded ideal!
Also heard of a place called rancho wendy inland, anyone been there?
If anyone has any little special places they can recommend, and small off the beaten track accom, I will be massively grateful
thanks Trees

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well for starters your geography is off a bit

North and Northeast means Puerto Plata and going East to Saman?.
There are tons of places where you can stay all along the coastal highway.. don't even worry about it. Just come prepared to travel every few days to a new place. Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, Gaspar Hernandez, Rio San Juan, Abreu, Cabrera, Nagua, Sanchez, Saman?, Las Galera...not an AI in sight!

HB

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Well............. PLENTY of AI's in 'sight', but you have tonnes of other choices so as to avoid that type of accomodation.

coho

On Vacation!
Mar 4, 2007
THAT BEACH LOOKS HORRIBLE.........ummm......do you have any long term rentals???

coho

On Vacation!
Mar 4, 2007
That's a very beautiful place and well spoken of by Lonely Planet. During my next visit I'll look in on your hotel......Regards