The biggest A$$ Kisser!!

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I'm sorry for having to use such language but I couldn't find any other words more suitable than those for Subervi Bonilla! Danm it! Is this guy the biggest LAMBON there is in the DR? I mean, GOD, isn't there any dignity in this a-hole (again, sorry for this kind of language) but as you can see I'm really pissed off! It's not that I think that this will do anything for Hippo but it pisses me off when someone would sell the entire country for a loaf of bread. Oh, what's the use...it's not like me going on and on about this is going to change anything. I give up!

DR_DEFENDER

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Defender: I'm not sure what you're pissed off about. Everybody knew this was going to happen. I've said many times that I don't see Leonel pulling this one off (I hope I'm wrong). I've explained their strategy which is exactly what you see unfolding right now. Next Ortiz Bosch will accept to be the party president and will support Hippo. She's already done some of that, by letting her supporters free to support the party. Then it's Hatuey's group.I already something to the effect that all the legislators who supported him are now going to join Hippo's campaign. In addition they alreayd started courting the PRSC and guess who they are going to support...It's a sick world.
Hipo just started a program of inauguration of newly finished public works. This is going at a blistering pace...All of sudden they've got money to finish all these projects that have been sitting unfinished for years...
For instance, they just finished the road that goes by my house in the DR. This is been fulll of potholes for ages and they're paving almost all the other ones in the town. Hippo was just there for the inauguration and according to my niece, everybody came out onto the streets waving white flags, etc...in support of the PRD. They already forgot all the bad this government has done...
The way I see it going down is like this:
First round - Leonel gets somewhere around 45 - 48% of the vote. Hippo around 40 and the PRSC the rest.
Second round - The PRSC supports Hippo. Leonel gets even less votes than before, since a lot of the people who voted for him in the first round are not hard core PLD members.
We get Hippo for four more years and the PRD for about 12 more. The Dollar wil be at about 100 pesos to 1...The dominican people complain how bad the government is.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
suarezn said:

Second round - The PRSC supports Hippo. Leonel gets even less votes than before, since a lot of the people who voted for him in the first round are not hard core PLD members.
QUOTE]

I think its highly unlikely Eduardo will support Hipolito. I'd be very disappointed if he did. He's the most un-rejected candidate (no-one can complain about him) and I know he extremely resents Hipolito's cheap lies to link his PPH with his candidacy.Besides, Eduardo IS convinced he's solid in 2nd place and has a chance to face off with Leonel in the second vote rounds. I dont think there will be a second round, but I think he has a chance to land the 2nd spot and plant his feet as a political leader for the future.

Hipolito will lie and act as if Eduiardo is far in the last place. His tactics consist of ignoring Estrella's candidacy in order to appear as a PLD vs. RD contest and this has worked so far. But I see his ship just sinking too fast for him to make it to the 16 of may with the levels of popularity he holds today.

I think Fello joined because he's got nothing else to loose and his discredit is beyond repair. They are betting on the cheat card inside the Junta and are prepared to go guns-a-blazing a la Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid(BTW great movie). Winner takes all!! But its too late, Leonel is too far ahead to be caught....I think.