from Santo Domingo to La Romana (casa de campo)

naksu

Aug 28, 2002
Hi all:)

Which is the easiest way to get to Casa de Campo from Santo Domingo? I was told the most recommended way is to get a taxi, we are about 20 persons so I guess that means at least 2 vans. Does any one know the price, more or less? Aren't there busses going there?

Thank you million!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Taxi or Gua Gua

naksu said:
Hi all:)

Which is the easiest way to get to Casa de Campo from Santo Domingo? I was told the most recommended way is to get a taxi, we are about 20 persons so I guess that means at least 2 vans. Does any one know the price, more or less? Aren't there busses going there?

Thank you million!!

If you mean from the city you can take gua gua's to La Romana - a bit of a tiresome but cheap venture. Must be RD$50 or 60 each I'd think (so maybe RD$1200 for the lot) . You may have to switch in San Pedro or before that at the terminal in Andres if you start on one of the million Boca Chica Expresses.

If you mean from the airport - taxi is it really as there are no buses in and out of the airport and it is a long walk to the highway, to flag down the right gua-guas.

The posted taxi price is US$50 between Boca and SD but that includes 3 hours waiting time for tourists/shopping, etc., , and US$75 BC to La Romana, so I'd guess airport to La Romana should be about $80 if you haggle. The Hyundai taxi vans hold about 6 people so you may need to get three and squeeze in 7 in two.