Waterfalls in the DR

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
This question is for all the eco-tourists (like Robert) that wander this fine island....please identify by name (if named) and location of all the waterfalls you have seen here in the DR that are a MINIMUM of 40 feet high (as a single fall...not a cascade of 4 ten footers etc.) Also, is the waterfall easily accessible or not. For example, Damajagua falls (27 or whatever # there are)has at its "source" of flow, one fall that could qualify...located in Imbert region...guided tours...easy access, although you need to be in "ready" shape to "go the distance".

I am trying to chart all the larger falls of the Dom Rep and dont want to miss any!

Thanks, Dave

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
dms3611 said:
This question is for all the eco-tourists (like Robert) that wander this fine island....please identify by name (if named) and location of all the waterfalls you have seen here in the DR that are a MINIMUM of 40 feet high (as a single fall...not a cascade of 4 ten footers etc.) Also, is the waterfall easily accessible or not. For example, Damajagua falls (27 or whatever # there are)has at its "source" of flow, one fall that could qualify...located in Imbert region...guided tours...easy access, although you need to be in "ready" shape to "go the distance".

I am trying to chart all the larger falls of the Dom Rep and dont want to miss any!

Thanks, Dave

I was just at the salto in Jarabacoa last week. I don't think it is named ( ask AZB). I would guess it was over 200 feet high. It was also fairly easy to access. We took a drive of about 1/2 mile down a dirt road and then had a 15 minute walk along a paved path to reach it. Ask AZB for exact directions. It was beautiful.

Larry

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
OK...so we have so far....

...El Limon, Jimenoa (I think that is the name Larry...but I will wait for AZB to concur....and then lets add Baiguate in the mix since its in the "area" of Jarabacoa.

Looking for more!!!

Best, Dave

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
dms3611 said:
...El Limon, Jimenoa (I think that is the name Larry...but I will wait for AZB to concur....and then lets add Baiguate in the mix since its in the "area" of Jarabacoa.

Looking for more!!!

Best, Dave

it is Salto Jimenoa as you stated, located in Jarabacoa