Flights from SDQ to EWR

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Does anyone know the best way to book from DR or Santiago TO either NJ or NY? I get these ridiculous fares because it is leaving from DR. Any pointers?

This is for the end of the month or early April...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Got The Same Fares as the Reverse

Talldrink said:
Does anyone know the best way to book from DR or Santiago TO either NJ or NY? I get these ridiculous fares because it is leaving from DR. Any pointers?

This is for the end of the month or early April...

I helped a buddy go to JFK from SDQ (return) and it was basically the same cost as JFK to SDQ (return). Can you give specific examples? CO will do the Newark flight, AA will do the JFK flight.

Try AA.com (interestingly, today it shows SDQ-JFK return costing CAD $495 and the opposite actually costing $61 more , or CAD$556 for one set of test dates - roughly US$372 vs. $418). (For April 20-28) For March 27-April 3 JFK to SDQ was $24 less than the reverse.

You can book online, hold the reservation for 24 hours then go to the airport and pay and get the ticket which may be less than going to the airport to price and buy the ticket. Theywill charge you pesos though so an online e-ticket may be more attractive as they will bill in US$ as long as you have a US address/credit card.

All said, I don't thinkit is a rule they are charging more as much as a whole lot of other factors related to load, demand, connections, etc.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
ricktoronto said:
All said, I don't thinkit is a rule they are charging more as much as a whole lot of other factors related to load, demand, connections, etc.

I was told once before that the taxes in DR were higher - that was a little while ago. I just looked online and called my travel agent, the difference is about $40.

Thanks Rick.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Cool, I'll look into it tonight.
The lowest I got was Continental (I love a straight flight into Newark from SD anytime!) is $354.