when starts rainy season in punta cana

chica

Feb 9, 2004
i'm going to PUJ first weeks of May, never been there.
What's the weather then and when starts rainy season there.

Thanks

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Don't Sweat It!

chica said:
i'm going to PUJ first weeks of May, never been there.
What's the weather then and when starts rainy season there.
Punta Cana really doesn't have a rainy season. Its climate is a lot drier than most of the rest of the island. In general May is the rainiest month of the year for most of the island, with another peak toward the end of the hurricane season usually. Even at that, it's not often that we get whole days or weeks of overcast and rain. Most of the time it rains, it pours, and then the sun is out 30 minutes later.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Being contrary

This is contrary to XR's statement, with all the due respect to him but there is a rainy season in Punta Cana and May is it. Evidence of this is that PJT had to seal the roof of his house with a membrane to correct rain water penetration through the cement roof that was ruining the ceilings. Always happened in May and November.

But, do not despair, there is more sun than there is rain.

Regards,
PJT

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks PJT

PJT said:
This is contrary to XR's statement, with all the due respect to him but there is a rainy season in Punta Cana and May is it.
Never been there, so I probably should have said, "I don't think PC has a rainy season." Real statistics are a bit scarce down here. But it is also more arid than other spots on the island. And, I'll be the rainy season in PC, would be a dry week to someone from Seattle, or some parts of the 'Big Island' of Hawaii!

Tom aka XR Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
Never been there, so I probably should have said, "I don't think But it is also more arid than other spots on the island.
The look of aridity in the PC area is due to the thin layer of poor topsoil over the porous bedrock. When it does rain, the water drains through the topsoil very quickly. It is great for the wells in the region.

Regards,
PJT

bethanchampers

May 2, 2008
Hi, I've just returned from Punta Cana today and was told by a local person on the monster truck safari that rainy season was between March & May. Over a fortnight we had rain on 6 days. It was difficult to predict the weather as some days were blazing sunshine and others were cloudy, although I have to say the rain didn't spoil our holiday!