Sankie Pankie...

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Three female friends of mine just got back from visiting DR. Before they left I told them, have a good time but beware of the Dominican fellas at the resorts or anywhere for that matter. Anyways, sure enough, they hooked up with a few sankies. I had a good chuckle and told them to leave it as an experience and not to worry about continuing a relationship or what have you with them. And just of note, these three girls are gorgeous and 22!

Anyways, to go further with my story, I was talking on the phone to a friend from DR and I was telling her about the girls meeting these boys. We both had a laugh then I mentioned that one or two of these girls wants to come and live with me for a month down in DR, when I move there in September. I said to my dominican friend that I wasn't going to allow any of these sankies in my house. And all she had to say was... NO SANKIE PANKIE, No sankie pankie, we will find some good Dominican boys for them to meet.

I dunno, just thought I would share this story cause I thought it was funny. BTW: Will be in Sosua on Sunday for two weeks!!! Giddy up!

James

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be sitting beside you saying, that was f&*king awesome!"

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wish I could get people to understand that these guys know how far they will get with you in their first three questions. Don't act like you have never talked to men before in your life or that no one has ever said anything nice to you and you won't fall prey.

Ok I'll even go further and tell you the first three questions.

1. Is this your first time here?....... If it is then it's open highway because you know nada.

2. Are you here alone? Open highway again if you came alone or with girlfriends.

3. Always something to do with " your husband or boyfriend letting you come alone........this is to establish if you have a husband or boyfriend.

I love hearing the questions to see what's coming next. I'm glad a had sales training.

Last edited:

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
From the sounds of it, my friends were only hanging out with these guys cause it was fun at the time. I mean, they are only down for a week and wtf right, you are there to have fun. I don't think they are interested in these guys in any way (atleast I hope not and don't worry I will be sure to convince them otherwise) they mainly were just shocked as to how smooth these guys were. I remember distinctively telling them, "watch yourselves ladies these fellas are smooth". haha.

James

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hey jimbo great score in hexxagon. I get all excited when I zap three only to have 5 of mine zapped. :ermm:

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Hey jimbo great score in hexxagon. I get all excited when I zap three only to have 5 of mine zapped. :ermm:

I know, I rock! haha.. Thanks.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
zx7jimbo said:
From the sounds of it, my friends were only hanging out with these guys cause it was fun at the time.

James

For the LIFE of me I can't understand why girls (not just your friends) but tourist in general hang out with these sankies......they are so damn ugly....
even IF i was single and went with my girlfriends to DR, the most these sankies can get outta me is a real dirty look and a few colorful dominican DICHOS......(curse words)....

I'm not saying I am better then anyone....but I will be damned if I go away on vacation to hang out with thugs and low lives when I dont do that back home....I like to spend time with people of my intelligence level, that speak about things besides clothes, cars, jewelry (they probably borrowed from their tio's friend who runs the colmado that is supervised by rafael whos cousin is rich in the states).....

And call me vain, but i hate to be seen with ugly people (hahah this is so wrong)....and all the sankies I have seen are in some serious trouble in that department.......greasy looking with cheap cologne...ewwww

blong

Sep 30, 2003
Whats good for the goose...

Not that anyone asked, but IMO, it seems fine that your friends treated themselves to a good time. A little sun, dancing, drinks, sex and then back to reality. I think this sort of thing takes place all over the world, though DR seems to be Temptation Island.

Its good that you warned them not to get sucked in emotionally. As long as they remember that its all just fun, they should be OK, right?

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
As for these guys being ugly, I can't imagine they were. Like I said, these girls are all very good looking, trust me, they have their standards. But what do I know, I didn't see them. I will probably in some pictures soon enough but I doubt they were ugly.

Exactly, its like the old saying goes, "what goes on the road, stays on the road."

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
...and they will be ok, I will make sure of it. I wouldn't let friends of mine be suckered into anything like that generally, not to mention by some sankies in DR.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Except that....

the red flag showed up when stating that "one or two of the girls want to come and stay with me for a month when I move down there in September"!!!
And the fact- that they are 22 years old and may be very impressionable?
Jimbo - this Dominican "friend" of yours - is this the reason you are moving to the DR? If so, did you meet her while on vacation? If so, are your girlfriends thinking- if he can do it, why can't we? Just curious!

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
marliejaneca said:
the red flag showed up when stating that "one or two of the girls want to come and stay with me for a month when I move down there in September"!!!
And the fact- that they are 22 years old and may be very impressionable?
Jimbo - this Dominican "friend" of yours - is this the reason you are moving to the DR? If so, did you meet her while on vacation? If so, are your girlfriends thinking- if he can do it, why can't we? Just curious!

No offense but... ARE YOU CRAZY? Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but you will rarely find me crossing the street for a girl, nevermind moving to another country. I am moving to DR cause I have the opportunity to. I have been visiting the country for 5 years now and I have wanted to experience living there for 3. Now, with a deal with work here, I am going to be able to do exactly just that. This "friend" is someone whom I enjoy spending some time with. Thats all. I'm not exactly sure what my friends are thinking. I think they just thought that 1 week in DR was too short and would like to spend some more time there. As for being impressionable, maybe somewhat, but they have had their own "run ins" with jerk guys in Canada, and I think they have a good head on their shoulders...

Last edited:

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
OH and Marlie, just letting you know that, that post was typed with a smile... cause after I read it when I posted it, it seemed alittle harsh. It wasn't mean't to be.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
No - I didn't take any offence, don't worry.
After reading my post - I had thought I might have offended you as well. I just meant that if you were moving there to be with a girl like so many have, that it might be sounding a little hypocritical to your friends- that's all.
Glad to hear that you will be able to fulfill your dream. I am sure with you being such a good friend to these girls, they will be alright. Actually, if they go down and stay with you, it will be a good experience for them seeing what life is really all about in the DR and not from an AI point of view.
Just had another thought... it would be a great job opportunity for someone to set up a small apartment building and host all these girls ( and I am not talking about your friends - it sounds like they were smart enough just to have fun for a week) who go down to AI's and fall in love. Then the host can show them what it is like in the real DR before they hand over all their money to their Sankies, sort of a training course. Then and only then, when they have graduated from this course, can they come and post their lovesick tales in this forum!!!!
Oh, I am sorry - I have the flu and I honestly think that delerium has set in, better stop posting for the day and rest a little.
Anyway, I am glad you weren't upset with me, have enjoyed your posts always.
Marlie
BTW - are you still living in Winnipeg?

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Muuuuah... love ya too! :wink:

Yeah, its all good, they will be fine.

And as for your school thingy, I am half way towards that idea somewhat. Each year I play host to friends that come down to visit DR with me. Now, with me moving there this winter, there will be probably 40 friends visiting over the winter, expecting me to play "host"... which is fine by me... good for the ego (and wallet) and plus, I will get to ensure my friends have the maximum fun on their trips and thirdly, people who wouldn't even think of going on a "tropical" vacation will now get to experience it.... Oh, I am such a good person!

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Yup... busy at work in Winnipeg as we speak... supposed to go to the balmy temp of 6'C today!