STI airport and Santiago Airport

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Hi,

I do a fair amount of business travel to Santiago and I am a little confused about the airports in Santiago. I fly into Ciabo Airport which is about 6 miles south east of the downtown area. If you look at maps if Santiago, there is an airport just north of the downtown area (which I have seen). My question is that it appears that the Ciabo Airport is not on any of my maps? Is it that new or am I missing something?

Buddy

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The Airport you see located at the north of the downtown area it's located in the Bartolome Colon, it was a Dominican Air force base for a long time, until they turned much of it into an small aircraft Airport, later the actual Cibao Airport was constructed, which by the way was delayed for eons until it's construction, this new Airport will rarely show up in most Dominican Maps since those maps are rarely updated, you have a better chance of having it printed in the handy maps many Hotel chains distribute to their clients.

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Thanks

PICHARDO said:
The Airport you see located at the north of the downtown area it's located in the Bartolome Colon, it was a Dominican Air force base for a long time, until they turned much of it into an small aircraft Airport, later the actual Cibao Airport was constructed, which by the way was delayed for eons until it's construction, this new Airport will rarely show up in most Dominican Maps since those maps are rarely updated, you have a better chance of having it printed in the handy maps many Hotel chains distribute to their clients.

Thank You for the reply