Looking for "tiger teeth" in Santo Domingo or Santiago...

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
....these are the "one way" traffic control spikes that you often see in rent a car lots etc. in the U.S. I know where to buy them in the U.S., but does anyone know where there might be some here in DR?

Thanks, Dave

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not in this country, my friend

I can't imagine anyonwith these here. What would happen if some high and mighty "forgot" and ruined a set of very expensive Bridgestones or Pirelli's on their Ferrari or Beemer or some such? My oh my...

Good Luck..Love to put a set at my corner, my "One Way" corner!! I'd sit there all day and laugh MAO!

HB

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Well HB...get ready to laugh it up cuz ....

....we are going to be putting some in the new plant..and when someone screws up....they WILL be crying....

Dave

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The spikes are made to order in DR, you just visit a metalshop like Nino Brodas in Santiago give them a drawing with specs and explain the usage it will have, within a few days they'll have one for you, the actual inner workings are very simple, it's a forced spring plate that will depress when step on from one side and will stay up and punture anything that comes the other way, like a gutter guard on steroids going postal.

If you need the mechanical instructions I will be happy to draw them for you, you just have to change the length to your needs.