Interesting... Threads concerning skin color issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Pachi

Nov 7, 2003
One day somebody decides to post a thread about skin color issues, generally in the lines of "Dominicans do not accept their black ancestry blah blah blah", 10 to 20 persons decide to reply to that thread, stating their opinions, and finally the thread it's closed.

Days later somebody decides he/she it's going to post a follow up (kind of like this one), but doesn't get the same attention as the first one. Later on that thread dies out as well.

Months later, the cycle begins once again.

What I really find perplexing is the fact that moderators close this threads fairly quick, not allowing a good debate to take place; sure, some personal attacks may occur, or somebody might get their feelings hurt, but that's the way life is.

If somebody wants to speak their mind, let them. Or do we have some kind of discrimination going on against "black threads"? it's interesting how people some people reply to these threads so fast (you know who you are), most of the time stating something along the lines of "black people should stop whining" but that's their opinion, right? We must respect them.

It's my opinion that moderators are not impartial in this kind of situations, and some discrimination may be present... or maybe they are trying to be "color-blind", trying to keep everybody happy... only they know.

In any case, those are just some of my views on this subject. I believe everybody shoud feel free to express what they think about other skin colors as well as their own skin color; stereotypes, prejudices, etc. etc. That's one way to understand and know each other better, making full use of our freedom of speech.

But that's just one man's opinion... what do YOU think?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think if some people could debate like adults then they would stay open.
Unfortunately that's not the case :(

Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.