100 Most corrupted countries....

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
oniblast said:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/gov_cor

This is interesting....I think we climbed a few steps with this goverment.

Oniblast;

I, too, find the graphs very enlightening. Perhaps some of the more vocal of the posters will be enlightened as well!

I must admit, however, a disapointment at the indicator for my country, but must also admit, in all fairness, that the US is not without fault in this area.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
bochinche said:
it can't be right......italy is only 72.
who did they pay to keep that low?

Obviously, they cooked the books!

I, however, agree with you. I lived there for 2 years in the late 60's and, Oh Boy!!!, what a mess!!!

Mordido at every level of the buerocracy(still can't spell it right)!

Texas Bill

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
oniblast said:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/gov_cor

This is interesting....I think we climbed a few steps with this goverment.

There is a cartographic 'corruption' on the referenced site. I have written to the nationmaster website managers before concerning the mislabeling of the Dominican Republic on their "Central America" map. If the user clicks over the DR, the hyperlink takes you to Dominica in the Eastern Caribbean. Too bad they haven't fixed the error. Maybe if more people pointed it out to them they might fix this. If they for starters get the geography wrong, how can anyone trust the rest of their content? Please email them if you agree that it should be corrected. Otherwise, I think the site is very instructive.

-Tordok

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Tordok said:
There is a cartographic 'corruption' on the referenced site. I have written to the nationmaster website managers before concerning the mislabeling of the Dominican Republic on their "Central America" map. If the user clicks over the DR, the hyperlink takes you to Dominica in the Eastern Caribbean. Too bad they haven't fixed the error. Maybe if more people pointed it out to them they might fix this. If they for starters get the geography wrong, how can anyone trust the rest of their content? Please email them if you agree that it should be corrected. Otherwise, I think the site is very instructive.

-Tordok

I just looked at the site and thought the same exact thing

how reliable can this be

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
wow Canada came in 96th out of 102. Even with all the crap that's been going on? :bunny:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Tordok said:

-Tordok

When I was wearing the "Blue Suit" we called such as that "Administrative Error" instead of openly admitting that we had screwed up.

Texas Bill

Guillermo P?rez

Feb 13, 2004
bochinche said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Can it be It's fixed?

To the person surprised about Canada... Imagine the amount of stuff going on here.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
bochinche said:

Remember, Berlusconi is the current Prime Minister of Italia.

He also happens to own most of the major telecommunications and media companies in that country, plus he's the wealthiest Italian on earth!

Obviously, someone paid someone to keep Italia on the "low".

Or, maybe they are starting to get their act together, at least in northern Italia it seems so. Southern Italia is a different Chibang!

charlieblaze

Jul 7, 2004
Actually, Canada is pretty strict about corruption and human rights. For example, it's a crime to broadcast or say anything on air that is a racial comment. Also, they also have an independent judiciary to investigate on matters, relating to the military and government. So, they basically check themselves

bucky

Dec 1, 2005
new site

Well, not new, but better. Nationmaster.com redisigned their site and its worth taking a look. Bangladesh still tops the 'most corrupt country' list, but we all know it's just cuz they don't have those electronic voting machines yet...

Sep 19, 2005
those stats belong to the older regime.....

Government > Executive branch > Election results
Raphael Hipolito MEJIA Dominguez elected president; percent of vote - Rafael Hipolito MEJIA Dominguez (PRD) 49.87%, Danilo MEDINA (PLD) 24.95%, Joaquin BALAGUER (PRSC) 24.6%

not that I think its much different....thats why they WANT office so bad.....bob

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
wow Canada came in 96th out of 102. Even with all the crap that's been going on? :bunny:

I agree Anna,
Canada should be a lot higher on the list ..... theres been some messed up things going on :ermm:

And I know people have been asking this ..... How reliable is that source???
Id love to know how the conjured up those numbers ;)

*Baby Girl

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
South Korea should be a LOT HIGHER on the list.

There are too many reasons for me to mention. :cross-eye

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
The US should be the fist one on the list ! more than half of the countries mentioned are corrupt becouse of US intervention and their missin to establish a " Democracy "