Moderators rights to close threads

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
I support the moderator's right to close any thread they want, if you either wish to discuss "sensitive" subjects or find yourself easily offended if you are shutdown in any thread, then i suggest you start your discussion on some other forum or take it to a chat room somewhere else. It's not giving cheap excuses about not discussing matters, it is just their right as moderators to shutdown any thread at their discretion.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Has one been shut down recently for you to make this comment, sorry, i have not been following this part of the forums lately.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
You are absolutely right, Oche.
There shouldn't even have to be a discussion about it, moderators on forums are like umpires in baseball, referees in hockey and football. Without them, it becomes a free for all. Can you imagine how nasty some people would get if they felt that no one was watching over them, I mean, it can get downright nasty already, but at least it weeds a few people out that can't take the heat.
Moderators also have the difficult task of having to move posts when people (who obviously don't know how to read) don't read the "before posting-please read" instructions and go ahead and post their questions in the wrong forum, therefore not getting any answers. Oops, I just remembered I did that once so I won't be too harsh on those people!!!
They also have to control how many threads start on the same subject otherwise people have to just keep answering the same questions over and over.
Moderators have the work of glorified babysitters - they see something about to happen or that has just occured and they have to take action or else. If you saw your child about to do something that is derogatory to others or about to start a fight or ask why, why, why a thousand times, wouldn't you step up and do something about it?
They, as a team, work very hard to maintain DR1 as the #1 DR website for Robert and to make sure the members provide as much intellectual and substantiated information regarding the DR to keep the member base growing.
I, for one, could not even fathom walking into a privately owned business and immediately start telling them how to run their business, criticize their workers, and be disrespectful towards the person who held the door open for me. Some people just don't get it!
The moderators are not out to get you, they are there to guide you.
My thoughts for whatever they are worth.
Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now there's a nice person that understands what we go through.

Thank you Marlie

closing

There are lots that should be closed, Robert puts his trust in the mod's

I also think there are some threads that should be axed and some members as well, no names but you can guess......

? <font size="1"><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="5"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What makes the job worthwhile,aside from the MONEY,that is!

Is the support we all receive from "Above"!Robert selects his moderatores,and then supports us in our work!I'm sure that there are times when this can be difficult,but he does it! Being "second guessed" would,for me,be intollerable!I thank you for your support of the "Moderators",but a "First Mate",is only as good as his "Captain"! Robert deserves all the credit!

As "Pib",& "Anna" would say;"Now about that raise Robert?"

Cris Colon,"A Voice for MODERATION" Hey,I like THAT!...Robert,can you make that my new "Tag Line"?