Single and Going to Cabarete, Dominican Republic on April 6-11th 2004

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
Hi
I am going to Cabarete and staying at a hotel called Estrella Del Mar. Any way I want to meet some women down there and looking to have fun. Is any women going down there? Is there anything fun for men to do in that area? Strip joints, clubs, or just have safe sex?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The place is full of ugly black hookers (as opposed to sweet looking black decent educated dominican women. Had to put this for the anal retentive racial police here). The women there are dime a dozen and all are looking for a gringo like you. Please don't try to save a hookers from her captives (movie taxi driver) because she is doing this work for easy money. I don't care what they tell you but the truth is she is lazy dominican trash who likes easy money. So please don't fall in love with her, just pay and play.

Now at night if you see a bunch of well dressed girls who seem like foreign sexy south american models yet they refuse to even look at you are actually the better classed dominican women who are also on vacation from santiago or santo domingo. The trick to see if they are not americans or european foreigners is that they are seldom fat and always in perfect shape and dressed to kill in tight pants. They are friendly and always smiling. They dance well and speak spanish with a softer voice. If you want a real dominican woman, try to talk to one of them. They like young guys who are well dressed. So please leave your T-shirts and shorts at hotel. Come dressed to impress. Have fun.
AZB

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Oddly enough, yes

bankbwoy said:
Hi
Is [sic] any women going down there? Is there anything fun for men to do in that area? Strip joints, clubs, or just have safe sex?

Like many parts of the DR there is womens there. About 1/2 of the population in fact, if not more (this holds true in many other countries as well) . Lots of fun with the women prostitutes too, you'll be fine. And I suspect they will be getting more $$ than usual, the gringo newbie fine system. You speak spanish right?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I like Cabarete,Sosua,aaaaaaaaaaand Puerto Plata!

You can find whatever you are looking for!You want cheap hooker,no problem,you want expensive hooker,no problem,local girls,tourists,no problem.To Each His Own!!!!!!!!Go to "Eddy's Sports Bar,or "Rocky's in Sosua and they will enjoy telling you about Sosua! Try "Lax" bar on the beach in Cabarette.Talk to people,you WILL have fun! Cris Colon

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
If you are looking for sex then stay in Sosua instead of Cabarete. As a first timer to the country you will have to pay. If you dont speak Spanish, you will have to pay more. If you can't dress and act like you have class, they will equate that with you having a lower IQ and you will have to pay even more. If you are ugly, well.....I think you get it. On the other hand, If you speak Spanish, dress with class, know how to act and are halfway decent looking, leave the wallet in your hotel safe and just carry lots of condoms.
Have fun. I always do.
Larry

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Memory Tip

Larry said:
On the other hand, If you speak Spanish, dress with class, know how to act and are halfway decent looking, leave the wallet in your hotel safe and just carry lots of condoms.
Have fun. I always do.
Larry

Rememeber wallet in the safe and safes in the wallet.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Class, well dressed, speak Spanish, IQ? Larry dear have you by any chance been hanging around AZB? ;)

Where's that trip report and pictures? If pictures are too naughty please just send them to me.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Class, well dressed, speak Spanish, IQ? Larry dear have you by any chance been hanging around AZB? ;)

Where's that trip report and pictures? If pictures are too naughty please just send them to me.

No pictures and I cannot send video tape from my camcorder. The trip reports start to sound monotonous so I didn't bother. Every trip gets better though. I actually felt depressed on the plane coming back this time.

Larry

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
single trip

Hey
I am coming from Chi and buying my trip through a travel agency in NY. They want me to fax my credit card and ID to them for security purposes...Has anybody done this? Have anybody ever traveled through Nitro Ent who are throwing a Spring Break party in Cabarete, DR on April 5-11, 2004. they got a all inclusive deal for 899 for 7 days and the hotel is suppose to be the Estrella Del Mar.

As for me I am not Gringo. I do not speak much Spanish but I can pass as a Dominican since I have dark features. I'll be okay and will only holla at the ladys on the beach...I am bringing a few friends and did want to go to a strip joint or something where they can do their thing. I guess I want to make sure I have things planned before I go down there.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Quote:
I'll be okay and will only holla at the ladys on the beach.---bankbwoy
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what this means.

Quote:
I am bringing a few friends and did want to go to a strip joint or something where they can do their thing.---bankbwoy

There is a strip club in Sosua called El Flamingo. It is above the Plaza Sosua.

Larry

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
single

It is suppose to be some type of Spring Break event in April so i am going to try to get some of the out of town ladys in my room.

As for strip joints or good clubs...How far are they from Estrella Del Mar and would i be okay to venture out speaking English?

Larry said:
Quote:
I'll be okay and will only holla at the ladys on the beach.---bankbwoy

I don't know what this means.

Quote:
I am bringing a few friends and did want to go to a strip joint or something where they can do their thing.---bankbwoy

There is a strip club in Sosua called El Flamingo. It is above the Plaza Sosua.

Larry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You can't bring in ladies to your all-inclusive resort hotel. Only the guests that are staying in the hotel are allowed in, the rest stay out. You will be given a wrist band that will mark you as a hotel's guest.
Good luck
AZB

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
hey

Hi
Oh well..I still hope to have fun. Does anybody know the address for the esterlla del mar? and has anybody bought a vacation package where they had to fax their photocopy of ID and credit card? Please let me know...also should I buy phone cards here or in DR?

thanks
Richard

AZB said:
You can't bring in ladies to your all-inclusive resort hotel. Only the guests that are staying in the hotel are allowed in, the rest stay out. You will be given a wrist band that will mark you as a hotel's guest.
Good luck
AZB

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I don't know how much you are paying for the tickets and package but AI resorts are not guest friendly. That means no female tourists, hos (whores you have to pay), etc in your room. Only a few ladies will give it up for free, so be prepared to lay out some bling bling. Check out direct flights from Chi-Town to POP and then figure in about 25-45 a night for hotel and see if you save money that way. Have heard Sosua has more action than Cabarete but if you are into water sports you would probably want to stay in Cabarete. If you stay at an AI though, no guests allowed so you will have to pay for a hotel room/cabana just to get your rocks off and that will add up. I just bought r/t ticket from Detroit to the DR for about 480US on AA.com website for April. You don't really need calling cards, you can pay at a calling center and it isn't too expensive, they are very common. Some of the cards have horrible connection costs and are used rapidly if making short calls.
dale7(Howard)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I just checked a few other options for you on a few sites for airfare. If you have no flexibility of a day or two either way, you are going to pay a lot so you may be better off using a package deal and going to POP but you won't be getting much play from the ladies if you can't afford to have another hotel room or want to risk physical danger by going to a place of their choosing which I don't recommend, could get robbed, etc.

But if you want to save a lot money you can go to Boca Chica where I always go and small enough where you can walk anywhere with most hotels running about 30-45US a night. Plenty of women around and nice beach. You can fly from ORD (Chicago) to SJU (san juan, puerto rico) on April 6-12, prices go up a lot more using the 11th and hey you can spend an extra day on vacation by saving money, on Spirit airlines website it will cost about 250US. Then from SJU to SDQ (Santo Domingo) using american airline it will cost about 215US. I usually don't help people out this much but check it out.
All the information you will need if traveling April 6-12 interests you but you will have to fly into Santo Domingo, there were no reasonable prices to Puerto Plata airport that I could find anywhere in your time frame.

Go to spirit air website view flight times , then go to american airline websites and view flight times. You can go to the DR for under 500US. Then go to bocachicabeach.net and look at the hotel info. Let's say you get a room for 40US a night=let's just say 250US and you can bring guests into your room with no problem, the only ones I know that won't let you are the 3 AI's there. Enjoy the beach, Cosmos Disco where all the girls hang out at night to party, etc and if you need info about BC pm me and I can help you out. So you can travel for no more than 750US and that includes your hotel which would be guest friendly.
dale7(Howard)

bankbwoy said:
Hi
has anybody bought a vacation package where they had to fax their photocopy of ID and credit card? Please let me know...also should I buy phone cards here or in DR?

thanks
Richard

I am a travel agent so I can give you some ingfo here.
1. Yes, you can give your credit card and DL or ID. The travel agencies do this so we can save our bottoms against people denying charges because the ARC (which is the mediator between the airlines and the TA) ask us to have SIGNED proof in case that you may want to deny charges.

2.Buy the calling card in the DR because although there are more expensive usually the calling card from the US won't work in the DR or maybe the calling card have a 1-800 number which is a long distance call from the DR and the price for those range from RD$10 to RD$30.

Good luck and have a nice trip!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Fun for men ???

bankbwoy said:
Hi
I am going to Cabarete and staying at a hotel called Estrella Del Mar. Any way I want to meet some women down there and looking to have fun. Is any women going down there? Is there anything fun for men to do in that area? Strip joints, clubs, or just have safe sex?

According to this website, http://www.odyusa.com/html/countries/dominicanrep.html
Estrella Del Mar, advertise themselves as, "All inclusive gay friendly 3-star beach-front resort hotel on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic."

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
This is the package I am using so if someone else is:

Hey
This is the package I am using....its at www.clubbangaz.com please check this link out if you can and let me know if it sounds legit

thanks
Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I checked the link out. First thing I did was search for nitroentertainmentinc at the better business bureau. Not found. Then I looked up the booking agency which is atlas travel. Had satisfactory rating. I think the link is over hyped because Cabarete is not a major spring break destination in comparison to Florida and Mexico.

I then checked out the link Rocky provided about the hotel and it seems to be catered to gay clientel. Maybe the reason you are getting an ok package deal because no one else wants to stay there due to this reason. They quote $899 but I would check to see what all the taxes, and final costs will be. Make sure that price isn't per person based on 2 people sharing a hotel room, because you could get screwed by a large single supplement charge, though if staying there you might not want to pass out drunk because you could get screwed another way:O The final choice is yours but make sure you know what you are getting into, MUST double check if there is a single supplement charge and final cost with taxes. I do think it is crappy, from what I read I understand that you are heterosexual, that they would be providing lodging in a place that seems to cater to gay clientel.
dale7(Howard)