Apartments/Apart-hotels in Santo Domingo

SamGompers

Mar 14, 2004
Hola all,

Will be traveling to Santo Domingo within the next couple of months and will be staying for 2 to 3 weeks. . .can anyone turn me onto some possible short-term apartment rentals or decent, laid-back apart-hotel type accomodations? Thanks.

SG

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Try!!!

SamGompers said:
Hola all,

Will be traveling to Santo Domingo within the next couple of months and will be staying for 2 to 3 weeks. . .can anyone turn me onto some possible short-term apartment rentals or decent, laid-back apart-hotel type accomodations? Thanks.

SG
Try El Turey apart-hotel. They are in a nice neighborhood, El Naco. Ask for Naty and tell them that Mr Miguel Hernandez sent you. Tel # 809-412-2809. Their prices are very reasonable. I stayed at a fully furnished apartment and the price was around US $ 35 a night for me. If you speak spanish, I can give you the owner's cell. PM me.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Have no idea of your budget, but I have someone that has a beautiful fully furnished apartment, well equipped (DSL, computer, all the mod cons) for short term rental. Cost is around US$500 per week.

Email me for details. Actually we are soon going to be advertising the place on DR1 because I think it will do very well. Especially as short term rentals of "real" apartments do no exist in Santo Domingo.

caribtraveller

Jan 20, 2004
there's a really nice apart-hotel in the zona colonial, Casa Do?a Elvira. I was there a couple of months ago... its been recently renovated & is a very relaxing place, great prices too. Here is their website for more info & reservations www.dona-elvira.com

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
?

Someone has suggested the "Esmeralda" aparthotel to me. I haven't been there yet, but I'm planning on staying there in August. Has anyone heard of this one that, or stayed there?

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Need an apartment too

miguel said:
Try El Turey apart-hotel. They are in a nice neighborhood, El Naco. Ask for Naty and tell them that Mr Miguel Hernandez sent you. Tel # 809-412-2809. Their prices are very reasonable. I stayed at a fully furnished apartment and the price was around US $ 35 a night for me. If you speak spanish, I can give you the owner's cell. PM me.

I would like to have the owner's cell too. I want to rent for one month beginning feb 4th. thanks Wanna

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lookie here!

Wanna said:
I would like to have the owner's cell too. I want to rent for one month beginning feb 4th. thanks Wanna
I am sory but she is not renting her private apartments anymore. She rented them them long term. But you can still try the aparta-hotel number.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Some of the "hotels" in Gazcue do monthly rates etc. In fact I am "living" at Hotel Residencia and have my DSL installed.

Mona Lisa does monthly rentals but am not sure of the pricing.

Hotel residencia the pricing ranges from 12,000 pesos to $600 for the month. It is a bit complicated as the hotel has 3 owners. Each owner has their own rooms and determines their own rates. For the "nicer" rooms with AC and Cable you can call 809 412 7298 or www.hotelresidencia.com to speak to the owner that concentrates more on monthly rentals in more "basic" rooms you will have to PM me and I can make a phone call to get his number.

Hotel Danae also on the same street also does monthly rentals. Prices start at about 14,000 pesos and go up to about 20,000 pesos. They just added new rooms on the second floor. I have not stayed in the new rooms yet.
www.hoteldanae.com phone number is 809 238 5609. They have a receptionist named susan that speaks english.

Gran Mansion also on the same street, I believe does monthly rentals but I have never stayed there. It is literally 2-3 doors down from Hotel Danae. I believe Ken has stayed there in the past and may have more info.

You will find that in many cases paying the monthly rate pays off even if only staying 3 weeks.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Mona Lisa was a massage parlor. It was closed down along with all the other MPs in the Gazcue area. They also have a hotel and a hair salon in the same building. They were permitted to reopen the hotel and salon as long as they don't sell alcohol or supply women. . . . . .

I have never stayed there but their hotel is fairly new and supposedly the rooms are not bad. I don't see many people going in and out when I sit in front of Hotel Residencia. The Mona Lisa security guard hangs out with us from time to time as since the MP closed he is pretty bored!

Unfortunately I don't have a number for Mona Lisa or Gran Mansion, but all 4 are on the same block so interested parties can visit all four and decide where they wish to stay etc.

spaniard

Oct 21, 2006
Well, ok, I finally found a thread about an aparthotel. Well, here goes post #3 today, can anybody suggest an aparthotel place, somewhere near Naco but family friendly i.e. wife + newborn?

R

rockero

Hans e mails????

I Tried at his Yahoo DE E mail with no response at all,,,I know I am responding to an old post but I am darn desperate on getting this place,,,Seems not enough info is on this pension at all...I am notspamming at all,,,Even if a Moderator or someone that knows Hans can post back here I will be very happy,,,I dont want to send another e mail with no response atall,,,OK its been over 24 hours with no response from him and its a working week,,,Any Help post here people,,Thanks Thanks...
Aparthotel "Pension Serena" centrally located (5 minutes walk from the colonial Zone) Tel. (1) 682 21 38 or E-mail: hansbert@tricom.net