Why are you trashing dominicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrusso

Mar 17, 2004
Hello,

It?s the first time I visit this website and quite frankly I am appalled by the number of negative comments about dominican women and dominicans in general.

Most of you stereotype by etiquetting dominican women as whores because of the way they dress. It?s not like american or european women are saints either. And, for your information, these "fashion statements" are imported from such countries. Being a dominican female myself, I feel denigrated by all this, but I?ll admit that it does happen, mainly in the lower economical-social classes, as is often the case in many other countries, with few exceptions.

While it?s true the average dominican (ie, low quality education, regular to bad life conditions and measly salary) often is not well behaved (throws trash in the street, doesn?t care about trees and cleanliness of a city, plays loud music, spits, etc...), there are many more out there who are the opposite. I see this as a direct result of lack of good governments for the past 30 years or so. Keep in mind this is an impoverished nation that?s been hit by a slew of bad politicians and corrupt administrations that simply don?t give a damn about the people. A recurrent story throughout Latin America and other "third world countries". But, I?ve seen some very rude americans and europeans in dominican soil doing just that and violating all sorts of rules.

Instead of stereotyping people and labeling them incorrectly, think about the reasons behind the apparent "dominican way of life" and its possible solutions. I know I have. And last, but not least, it is not customary here to have sex inmediatly after going out with a guy. I?ve been on dates and it?s never happened, and know of many more cases. These are things that happen if you let them. That?s my opinion, you do it if you want. After all, it?s nice to just go out as friends, in the strict sense of the word.

This is a long post, but I just had to le it out.

Mrusso

callie

Mar 7, 2004
divided

I must say that i too was taken aback when i first learned the word sankie. I have always been taught not to catagorize a whole group of people and judge them. I also believe in speaking the truth, and if that is what it takes to get some people to wake up before they get hurt then so be it. However, call me a sankie lover but i'm sure some of us have done things that are not so ethical or moral to survive in this world, no matter what country you come from. Anyway, i guess the point i'm trying to make is who among us has the right to judge and condem?
:bunny:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
This is Quite Positive Then? (Backhanded compliments dep't)

mrusso said:
........quite frankly I am appalled by the number of negative comments about dominican women and dominicans in general.

(Note: negative stereotyping commences.......now)

While it?s true the average dominican (ie, low quality education, regular to bad life conditions and measly salary) often is not well behaved (throws trash in the street, doesn?t care about trees and cleanliness of a city, plays loud music, spits, etc...), there are many more out there who are the opposite.

The "average Dominican" by definition means generally all Dominicans so you are saying these nasty things about most everyone except a few (the lucky opposite) . Not the greatest defence of your thesis.

mrusso

Mar 17, 2004
To RickToronto

ricktoronto said:
The "average Dominican" by definition means generally all Dominicans so you are saying these nasty things about most everyone except a few (the lucky opposite) . Not the greatest defence of your thesis.

Read the whole thing before making any judgements about my "thesis". Average is NOT everyone. Unfortunately for us dominicans, average here means people who can?t afford private education or private anything and therefore has to depend almost entirely on the government, which, as a did mention, hasn?t worked for the people in the last thirty years or so.

This comes from a dominican person who?s had access to documents regarding our situation. If you don?t know the facts, don?t judge. Assuming you?re from Canada, how would you like it if I said you were a bunch of sissies sucking everything from the british? Would you like it???

mrusso

Mar 17, 2004
Thanks

callie said:
I must say that i too was taken aback when i first learned the word sankie. I have always been taught not to catagorize a whole group of people and judge them. I also believe in speaking the truth, and if that is what it takes to get some people to wake up before they get hurt then so be it. However, call me a sankie lover but i'm sure some of us have done things that are not so ethical or moral to survive in this world, no matter what country you come from. Anyway, i guess the point i'm trying to make is who among us has the right to judge and condem?
:bunny:

Thanks for your support

mrusso

Mar 17, 2004
And one more thing

ricktoronto said:

And one more thing, I have to be fair. I can?t let my emotions get the best of me and say "dominicans are the greatest". I can?t be blind to the fact that we, as a nation, have many problems, regarding education and other important matters. But that doesn?t give you or anyone the right to trash us. After all, no one (including you) is perfect.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
mrusso

What are dominicans doing to overcome the bad government/leadership they have endured in the past? Only they can change their country and complaining and sitting back accomplishes nothing but perpetuation of the cycle. Sometimes people like Rick and others, call it as they see it. I will probably get flamed for this, but dominicans are very good people overall in my experiences but most are complacent in regards to bettering their situation. I do disagree with your assumption that Dominicans don't give it up the booty easily after the 1st date. In Santo Domingo and in San Jose, I had no problems with normal girls in restaurants and in clubs where I was the only gringo, give me their number, most of the times I didn't request it, and I tapped all the ones that night I was dancing with except for 1 occasion, or if I called them, the night we went out. I think you are incorrect portraying most dominicans as prudish.

You are correct that no one is perfect and I am far from that. But in regards to the example of Canada sucking off from Britain, I started laughing uproariously because the RD sucks off all countries. Hipolito is always on his knees sucking off any country, until completion, who will throw a few pesos his way. So what was your point then? What are you doing to improve your country's situation and change how some people view your country?
dale7(Howard)

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Mis dos cheles otra vez...

One thing that I agree with Ms. Russo is the view that a person can get if reading about certain things for the first time on the board. According to many here, most Dominicans are sankies and Wh0res, and is just not fair. Yes, many are, but not all. Yes, many foreigners come and think they have found love, but who are we to judge anyone on either side of the fence? When someone posts about 'finding love' in DR, everyone jumps in like if it is a free-for-all with insults and degrading comments.

On another note:
It is VERY true that it is not usual for women to have one night stands there. There are many more sankie-ettes in the States and they are way pricier. Help with a bill here and there, a car note, expensive boots, and babysitter money, along with expensive dinners and drinks - add all that up and you have the salary of a so-called sankie in DR for an entire year. The difference is that the one in DR can REALLY use that money sometimes for NECESSARY things - not to upkeep her Lexus and thus the status.

There was another post that said you can never get sex without paying for it somehow - that is the truth. You pay somehow and it doesnt have to be with money.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
"Hello,

It?s the first time I visit this website and quite frankly I am appalled by the number of negative comments about dominican women and dominicans in general."

I agree. It is a shame that the Dominican women choose to prostitute themselves in such times in such great numbers. It is also a shame that there are so many prostitutes both in and out of the Dominican Republic of Dominican origin.

"Most of you stereotype by etiquetting dominican women as whores because of the way they dress. It?s not like american or european women are saints either. And, for your information, these "fashion statements" are imported from such countries. Being a dominican female myself, I feel denigrated by all this, but I?ll admit that it does happen, mainly in the lower economical-social classes, as is often the case in many other countries, with few exceptions."

Some may stereotype a lot of things but when you get to the heart of the matter there are a bigger percentage of the population working as prostitutes in the Dominican Republic than those of N. America and Europe.

It has NOTHING to do with the way they dress. I wish it was that easy to make things right!

"While it?s true the average dominican (ie, low quality education, regular to bad life conditions and measly salary) often is not well behaved (throws trash in the street, doesn?t care about trees and cleanliness of a city, plays loud music, spits, etc...), there are many more out there who are the opposite. I see this as a direct result of lack of good governments for the past 30 years or so. Keep in mind this is an impoverished nation that?s been hit by a slew of bad politicians and corrupt administrations that simply don?t give a damn about the people. A recurrent story throughout Latin America and other "third world countries". But, I?ve seen some very rude americans and europeans in dominican soil doing just that and violating all sorts of rules."

Hahaha, talking about stereotyping... Guess it is ok for a Dominican woman and not for anyone else?

Hit by a slew of bad politicians? Besides you, your brothers and sisters elected these low life vultures, your culture is to take, give and expect bribes for personal enrichment.

I can go on and on about this and have but what does your comments about some very rude "americans and europeans" have to do with the price of rice or the problems Dominicans bring upon themselves? The "otherguy" effect I see in Dominicans will never cease to amaze me. Don't you ever take responsibility for yourselves? Is it always the "otherguy" that is responsible for your woes? Help yourselve for heavens sake and quit whining.

"Instead of stereotyping people and labeling them incorrectly, think about the reasons behind the apparent "dominican way of life" and its possible solutions. I know I have. And last, but not least, it is not customary here to have sex inmediatly after going out with a guy. I?ve been on dates and it?s never happened, and know of many more cases. These are things that happen if you let them. That?s my opinion, you do it if you want. After all, it?s nice to just go out as friends, in the strict sense of the word."

There has been no "labeling incorrectly" for the most part. There is a unreasonable percentage of the population that prostitute themselves, lowlife trash that litter the beach and the streets, accept and demand payoffs for nothing and much worse. Try fixing your problems instead of blaming it on the otherguy and whining for a change. That would be more helpful than coming here and complaining in my opinion.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
mrusso said:
And last, but not least, it is not customary here to have sex inmediatly after going out with a guy. I?ve been on dates and it?s never happened, and know of many more cases. These are things that happen if you let them. That?s my opinion, you do it if you want. After all, it?s nice to just go out as friends, in the strict sense of the word.

This is a long post, but I just had to le it out.

Mrusso

Now I know who you are...

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
An Average Dominican, in the context stated means just that

mrusso said:
Read the whole thing before making any judgements about my "thesis". Average is NOT everyone. Unfortunately for us dominicans, average here means people who can?t afford private education or private anything and therefore has to depend almost entirely on the government, which, as a did mention, hasn?t worked for the people in the last thirty years or so.

This comes from a dominican person who?s had access to documents regarding our situation. If you don?t know the facts, don?t judge. Assuming you?re from Canada, how would you like it if I said you were a bunch of sissies sucking everything from the british? Would you like it???

When you say an average (citizen of country X, Y, or Z) does this or that that's exactly what you mean - on average every person displays these behaviours. And then you went on to say a few of the genteel set, don't spit etc. I guess you can add and on average they can't write sufficiently well to accurately express their points, assuming you are Dominican, but maybe you aren't.

And this is nothing more than rabble-rousing in any event , to go into the hall of fame of baseless remarks intended to inflame. And BTW, posting 3 replies in a row to your own post is a pretty desperate cry for attention.

Don't forget as to the "British" remark, "I" didn't start a post where "I" said my citizens are a bunch of dirty slobs, "on average" but you did that, right? Pathetic. What's really up your heinie to begin with, to post this claptrap?

mrusso

Mar 17, 2004
To all the morons out there

Since there's no winning with you, taking everything out of context, I've decide to finish off this thread.

1) YOU, NOT I, started many threads about dominican women being whores and the nation being crap

2) But you fail to see your own defects (this are conceptions -or misconceptions- generally applied to various nationalities:
- Americans are fat, lazy slobs who invade countries because they want to rule the world at any cost. Remember the Twin Towers? You reap what you sow.
- Canadians are racists and because they have the support of Britain think they are superior
- The french are rude
- Italians are con artists and mobsters
- Spain is linked with the international trade of women for prostitution and are xenophobes
- The british are cold

3) I, instead of you, am studying the problems in my country and looking up solutions

4) If we have a clown for a president it is because we lack good leaders. Politics suck and I am not blaming this on foreigners

5) Hip?lito shouldn't have taken all those loans, but he is not sucking, he's currently paying (don't know how long it will last)

6) If there is a number of dominican prostitues high enough to be considered alarming it is because of foreigners who come here looking for the easy life and taking advantage of needy people who'll do just about anything for a can of milk for their children/relatives

7) If you don't like it here, LEAVE! No one put a gun to your head and said "go live/visit DR, or else"

8) It is not like we want or need you here, bunch of perverts

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
mrusso said:
Since there's no winning with you, taking everything out of context, I've decide to finish off this thread.

1) YOU, NOT I, started many threads about dominican women being whores and the nation being crap

2) But you fail to see your own defects (this are conceptions -or misconceptions- generally applied to various nationalities:
- Americans are fat, lazy slobs who invade countries because they want to rule the world at any cost. Remember the Twin Towers? You reap what you sow.
- Canadians are racists and because they have the support of Britain think they are superior
- The french are rude
- Spain is linked with the international trade of women for prostitution and are xenophobes
- The british are cold

3) I, instead of you, am studying the problems in my country and looking up solutions

4) If we have a clown for a president it is because we lack good leaders. Politics suck and I am not blaming this on foreigners

5) Hip?lito shouldn't have taken all those loans, but he is not sucking, he's currently paying (don't know how long it will last)

6) If there is a number of dominican prostitues high enough to be considered alarming it is because of foreigners who come here looking for the easy life and taking advantage of needy people who'll do just about anything for a can of milk for their children/relatives

7) If you don't like it here, LEAVE! No one put a gun to your head and said "go live/visit DR, or else"

You need to calm down dear. We don't just point out the bad things about dominicans, we very often sing their praises too. What is really bothering you? I'm dominican, and although I don't like to hear how certain dominicans behave, I have to be realistic and accept the truth. This is after all a Dominican forum, this is the place to discuss all things dominican. You need to take the good with the bad.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Bull Goose Looney

mrusso said:

1) ............................. 8) It is not like we want or need you here, bunch of perverts

When did you start this job with the Dominican Tourist Council?

1. You insulted them as a class
2. As to the Canada/UK thing what century do you think this is right now?
3. No evidence of any solutions
4. It must irk you to not be able to blame foreigners, I'd think, reading all the rest of this
5. Late, and at the cost of driving the country into the poorhouse
6. And don't forget, cell phones, parasuco jeans, hair extensions, beer, pagers and cocaine (the other necessities of life)
7. You started it, remeber? We do like it here/there.
8. Look at the GDP from non-DR business ( Tourism, free zones, etc.) and rethink that remark.

You're very sad with all this hatred, it's unfortunate.

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
You go girl!!

Whoever you are mrusso, I'm so glad you brought it up....

...But just wait a few more minutes and your thread will be closed... It seems that around here only the opinion of a few count.

They don't accept criticism and they will always find a way to interpret things their way and only debate by playing games with your words. They lack valid arguments.

There is indeed an unbelievable amount of insensitivity and lack of respect on this board... At the beginning I thought that I could use this board to promote my country, help people with questions about the DR. I only found incredible hostility...

I am a Dominican 100% born and raised in Santo Domingo, a female who is extremely proud of her country regardless of the many negative aspects... We just have too many positive things that make up for what we are not... Too bad some of you can only see the down side and bring it up again, and again and again, without doing any significant contribution to make a difference.

It seems that many people here thrive on putting others down... That's why many of them live in the DR... They would be nobody where they come from. The problem with many here is that they really don't know the DR or the Dominican people and have no clue what we are all about.... I DO know, too bad they can't see beyond their ignorance of third world societies. Don't give up msrusso... I know that there are many more out there that feel the way we do, it's just impossible to argue with people that can't handle a different opinion.

Peace!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yan-Yan said:
Whoever you are mrusso, I'm so glad you brought it up....

...But just wait a few more minutes and your thread will be closed... It seems that around here only the opinion of a few count.

You are wrong. Threads get closed because posters flame and insult each other instead of sticking to the topic.

mrusso. I really would like you to find a thread or post that states that "ALL Dominicans" are whores and sankies.
In this forum ( mars/venus) people end up talking about what they have experienced while in the DR and since this forum has to do with shall we say "love" then other posters like to jump in and tell all about what they have experienced as well.

We know very well that a whole country can't be filled with just whores and sankie but it seems that around here it's more fun to read and write about it. ;) So don't take it so personal.
Now, I won't even touch what you've said about other countries because that would go way off topic and I would have to delete my own post.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Whores" were here first,I just came to enjoy them!!!

That was when when I was just a tourist here,and went to "Casas de Cita" and Car Washes",bars,etc!
Now that I have lived her for almost 9 years,the girls call me!! Secretaries,cashiers,Beauty Salon Workers, "Promotoras",etc. Now these girls are not from the "Upper Class",but just average "Dominicanas".They have jobs,and are not starving.Some live in really nice houses,with their parents.They are just very EASY here! They will do anything for 3 or 4 hundred pesos! Your theory about being forced into prostitition to keep from starving is bullshit! They just look at sex as no big deal,and if they can get a few pesos along the way,so much the better!
I have been all over the World,and I live here,that speakes volumes!! Cris Colon :p

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Hi this is me again

mrusso said:

- The french are rude
- The british are cold

For you mrusso,

I am not agree with you..! I think you have enough education you don't need to behave like that.

Spain : Giving oportunities of work to Dominicans many Dominicans don't do it, what they do is deal drugs and prostitution.

Canada: You are wrong about racism in Canada, have you ever being here? for you info I'm a proud black I never had problem here, I had more problem in the Dominican Rep. to get into a few club just because I'm black.
for you information here in the subway you see more chinesse and black or midle-east people than white Canadian.

At the least black people here are not that racist against their own people like in the Dominican rep, happen.

British: are you calling british cold why because not every Dominican can get a Visa to go there or what?

Italy and French: Have ever see the way those people help Dominican.? not giving just visiting the island.

I wonder where are you? I guess you are not in the Dominican Rep, now.

About label stuff: If many Dominican woman go to school get some education and learn how to be independient by them self then not body would consider Dominican woman like "Putas" This is what happen, one man just invite a Dominican girl for a beer she is not going to say not. If the guy is gringo then the girl wants to married him. That's why.

Remenber depending of your education and way that you behave people will label.

About garbage: Where are they going to put the garbage? How often the truck is going to take the garbage? Have you ever think that people try to be clean puting garbage in places but the garbage stay for ever in some places because not body go to pick up the tank. What do you want they do eat it or what?

You can't compare USA, CANADA because those countries people pay tax and goverment work when they say garbage will be pick it up Monday and Friday they will.

Now grab the wall and don't fall down, guess what?

I am Dominican NOT agree with you

Homer

caicos

May 22, 2003
msrusso - the compasionate one

You start out your post trying to defend your countrymen. This is admirable. Unfortunately, you lose credibility when you blast the people on this board for being negative about the DR and its people then turn around and are rude, negative, and generalize about other societies. I am not fat, or a lazy slob. I do not invade other countries so I can rule the world (although sometimes my government invades countries for less than honorable reasons, and usually those government leaders get nailed at the next election). I am, however, an "average" American(your stereotype about Americans - #2 in one of your posts), as are most of my friends. I am not sure the people in the Twin Towers did anything to anyone that was bad enough to warrant their s (you show what a compasionate person you are). And finally, I hope you do not live in the US because if you do, you are the same as the people on this board who live in a country other than their birth country and who you say to "We don't want or need you, you s." From what I can gather about the expats who contribute to this board, they love the DR, want to help where they can, but are also willing to point out and discuss the problems they see.

Status
Not open for further replies.