legglady

legglady

Mar 17, 2004
Came upon this site quite by accident. Very glad I did. My son (16) and I will be traveling to Puerto Plata 4/12 and will be staying at the Wyndham. (I know, should have booked non AI, but the deal was so great we just couldn't pass it up) I am looking for information about tours, horseback riding, places to go and see, we really want to experience DR. Have never been to DR and am really excited. Any info would be most helpful. Maybe someone out there will be traveling at the same time? Look forward to your responses.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Recommendations

legglady said:
...... we really want to experience DR. .

Get out of the AI as much as you can (short of not staying there at all at this point) and not with package tours with the requisite stops at the shops they kick back commissions either. on foot, in a cab, on a moto, get away from the confines and "see" the country. POP has a lot to see and it doesn't have to be in a monster truck with drunk, dazed looking non Dominicans as your companions.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
legglady said:
I am looking for information about tours, horseback riding, places to go and see, we really want to experience DR.

A friend of mine has a ranch and is offering very great horseback riding tour. The tour goes into the montains and to a beach on very nice good horses. You can see and experience the wonderful nature and true Dominican life, far away from all trouism. You get picked up and brought back to your hotel. PM or email me, if you want more information.

quaqualita