famous children

Sep 20, 2003
i have noticed some names of current politicans are familiar. is the current peynado related to president jacinto peynado, the trujillo era puppet president?

what about tronsosco? is he relatyed to the trujillo era vice president?

are there any current politicians that are the children of trujillo era, high level followers?

thank you for any information.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Jacinto Peynado and Carlos Morales Troncoso are related to the politicians you mention.

Trujillo relatives were outlawed from the country, thus to this day can't think of anyone that moved ahead on the politics ladder bearing that name.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
All of them?

joel pacheco said:
i have noticed some names of current politicans are familiar. is the current peynado related to president jacinto peynado, the trujillo era puppet president?

what about tronsosco? is he relatyed to the trujillo era vice president?

are there any current politicians that are the children of trujillo era, high level followers?

thank you for any information.

Considering that Balaguer was Trujillo's VP and then president into his 90s, it is safe to say that there are many children of the Trujillo era still active in DR politics. I'd like to know the names of the politicians who are not tainted by any relation to Trujillo.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Gabriela said:
... it is safe to say that there are many children of the Trujillo era still active in DR politics. I'd like to know the names of the politicians who are not tainted by any relation to Trujillo.

I really cant think of any of Trujillo's relatives openly active in DR politics. Except for Rafael Trujillo Lovaton who is in the airline business and is $$ friendly with people in all parties (PLD, PRD and of course PRSC) i draw a blank.
There are no politicians who where not tainted by El Jefe.

Sep 20, 2003
how old is the current ex VP peynado? how long has he been involved in DR politics? was he in politics during the trujillo era?

are there any politicans in the DR that openly praise trujillo?

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Please keep in mind Trujillo was in power for 30 years.

Just because someone was "active" politically or in business during that era, does not indicate they were pro-Trujillo.

If you were to operate normally during that time you could not be openly opposed to Trujillo or you would be jailed, asked to leave, or killed. So in a way anyone that was not openly opposed is supposedly tied into being linked to the regime, which is wrong.

Most of the older PRSC members were active during the Trujillo regime, for example Donald Reid Cabral, Mario Read vittini or the head lawyer defending Baez Figueroa; Vinicio Castillo, Jacinto Peynado's father was in government during Trujillo and his grandfather was President much before Trujillo.

Sep 20, 2003
yes, i understand that during the trujillo era, one had to pay lip sevice to trujillo or face harsh punishments, possibly even death.

however quite a few people on this forum actually praise trujillo. i just wondered if that praise had spread into current political circles? in the early 1970's there was an illegal white covered album sold on street corners that was nothing but trujillo's favorite songs. it sold extremely well. president balaguer ordered the police and army to confiscate all the remaing copies. today it is a collector's item.

i just wondred if any current politican's have actually come out and praised trujillo?

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
trujillo's ghost is perceived to be as dangerous today, as the real deal was then. no one with serious aspirations in dominican society in general, and in politics in particular, would consciously proselytize using trujillo as the ideal to follow. its a repugnant, macabre proposal, that no one should have to endure ever again. just as in germany today anything having to do with hitler & nazism is banned, dominicans legally abhor any visages of trujillismo. its a national choice. in italy until recently, the harmless descendants of the savoyan royals of yesteryear where banned from entry into the country for life; while letting mussolini's granddaughter be a congresswoman. i think dominicans prefer the german approach to prevent a recurrence of that type of tyrannical regime.

- Tordok

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Trujillo...

Was a good judge of talent. He made the educated class work for him, even if they didn't agree with his policy. If they refused, they and their families would suffer the consecuences.
In my opinion, this country is in the shape it's in because trujillo tainted anybody with any semblance of talent for public office. He made it "rich vs. poor".
After trujillo, the lower class took power, but the problem with that is that they lack basic education and knowledge on how to run a state. Balaguer took adavantage of this to keep himself in power as long as he did. I think it's easier to manipulate a bunch of ignorant chimps, with no education and lovo for public money, than it is to try and control people with no need for public funds and good understanding of government administration.

Today, we have PRD, the most corrupt party in the country runing things, and some people are happy with that because it's "the party of the people"
It doesn't matter to them that they are starving...It's a class issue.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
You're Right!

DRshooter said:
Was a good judge of talent. He made the educated class work for him, even if they didn't agree with his policy. If they refused, they and their families would suffer the consecuences.
In my opinion, this country is in the shape it's in because trujillo tainted anybody with any semblance of talent for public office. He made it "rich vs. poor".
After trujillo, the lower class took power, but the problem with that is that they lack basic education and knowledge on how to run a state. Balaguer took adavantage of this to keep himself in power as long as he did. I think it's easier to manipulate a bunch of ignorant chimps, with no education and lovo for public money, than it is to try and control people with no need for public funds and good understanding of government administration.

Today, we have PRD, the most corrupt party in the country runing things, and some people are happy with that because it's "the party of the people"
It doesn't matter to them that they are starving...It's a class issue.

HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!...DON'T FORGET THAT BALAGUER, TRUJILLO'S COLLABORATOR AND DISCIPLE PERPETUATED THE DICTATORSHIP, IN SOME WAYS, FOR ANOTHER 40 YEARS!!...WHAT I CALL 'THE LOST CENTURY'...TRUJILLO FROM 1930-1961 AND BALAGUER FROM 1961 UNTIL HIS DEATH TWO YEARS AGO (22 YEARS AS PRESIDENT AND THE REST AS OPPOSITION, WHICH IN THIS COUNTRY CARRIES SOME POWER WITH IT)....
FORTUNATELY, I FIND THAT DOMINICANS ARE STARTING TO WAKE UP AND THE PRD AND PRSC ARE A DYING BREED AS YOU CAN SEE BY THEIR LACK OF UNITY (THEIR THIRST FOR PUBLIC MONEY CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED) AND THE EVERYMAN FOR HIMSELF ATTITUDE (PRSC) OR, NO MATTER HOW LOUSY WE ARE, LET'S STICK TOGETHER AND WIN ONE FOR THE HIPPO (PRD)...I HOPE COMMON SENSE COMES OUT ON TOP ON MAY 16TH.