I don't know why I love him anymore

bing61074

Mar 26, 2004
I've been with a Dominican man for about 5 years now and we have a child together. He has done so many things behind my back its not even funny. All I can do right now is cry because I've actually really love him and I think I've been a joke to him for the whole time. He's a great liar, constantly has no money, but then I find out that he takes other women out. I've done nothing but support him in all he's wanted to do and he treats me like ****! I have his child for gods sake doesn't that mean anything? I know I should leave him, but I'm so trapped its a shame. I just want him to be the person I fell in love with. Then you see these other men make mistakes and they want their old girlfriends for wives back, but its seems like he doesn't care and he'll just move on to the next one like nothing. I needed to vent!

Last edited:

pati

Feb 3, 2004
bing61074 said:
I have his child for gods sake doesn't that mean anything?

NO.

You're probably not the only one who has a child from him.

NO.

You are not trapped. You choose to stay. If you're supporting him fiancially then you obviously can make it on your own.Do yourself a favor, leave him and find someone who will appreciate you.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Details

More detail please.

If his name Leo? we want to know details. Where are you guys located in DR, US, Germany where? what is he doing?

What's that guy ocupation?

Homer

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bing61074 said:
I've been with a Dominican man for about 5 years now and we have a child together. He has done so many things behind my back its not even funny. All I can do right now is cry because I've actually really love him and I think I've been a joke to him for the whole time. He's a great liar, constantly has no money, but then I find out that he takes other women out. I've done nothing but support him in all he's wanted to do and he treats me like ****! I have his child for gods sake doesn't that mean anything? I know I should leave him, but I'm so trapped its a shame. I just want him to be the person I fell in love with. Then you see these other men make mistakes and they want their old girlfriends for wives back, but its seems like he doesn't care and he'll just move on to the next one like nothing. I needed to vent!

I hope it helped you to vent because if you read your own post a few times you should get the answer all on your own.
It just makes me shake my head and be sad for you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Dominican men, like CC, are put on this earth to make babies. Once you did your job, then it was time for him to move on to the next woman, and so on. Since there are obviously a lot of woman he has yet to impregnate, do not expect him to spend much time with you and your child. He must be about his work.

Homer, his work is impregnating women. Didn't you read bing"s post? She is supporting him because he is too busy to take a paying job.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Don't stay

Have some respect for yourself - everyone deserves better than what you are allowing your husband to get away with. You know he is cheating on you and you are still there? You don't want your children to grow up thinking that that is okay. You said you were supporting him so you obviously have some sort of money available to you so pack your stuff and leave if he won't get out.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fiesta Mamma, maybe you could give her some pointers on what to steal when she leaves him. :classic:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
hummm

That was good Ken.

I'm ready to buy some use stuff,
TV
Stereo
Computer
I buy Gold too
if you got some shoes make sure that be size 11
:rambo:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
simpson Homer said:
That was good Ken.

if you got some shoes make sure that be size 11
:rambo:

But make sure you steal both shoes, one FILA won't do you much good!!!
:laugh:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I left the running shoes in the garbage at the airport...

but I still have some clothes (size M) and lots of Merengue and Bachata CDs available. :cheeky:

In this situation I would not recommend taking anything - I was leaving on a plane in less than 2 hours and didn't have much to worry about but that is not the case here!

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Get rich

bing61074 said:

Make a lot of money and he'll come back. Seriously, this is not about you. He's out there proving he's a BIG man. You can't win. Move to Canada. Don't have any more kids with Dominican men.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Allright ...

You have blown off steam.
Must have been quite a pressure after 5 years.
Well then, keep on going for another 5 years.
Or is there anything WE can do?
M?frog

P.S.: Sorry, but you?ve been living with (what I call) a
"dung heap rooster". Or cock?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To a Dominican Man(OXIMORON?) you have fulfilled your purpose!

At first you were a "Target"! He made you feel like the only woman in the World! Then you were his conquest! He "banged" you like a drum!Then you were his "Trophy", he showed you to his friends.Then you were the mother of his child!He was sooooo proud,bragging to all his buddies! Then you became "Yesterdays Newspaper"!
Now if you were a dominican woman,you would be deserted now.You are not,you have that "something Special" that can keep a dominican man interested,MONEY! As long as you continue to tolerate his "BS",and fork over your money,he will hang in there!You and you child will be much better off without him.He will remain a drag on your money,and more important your self-respect! You are doomed to keep living as you are right now,unless you get rid of this creep! Take whatever self-respect you still can muster and act now!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
check your heart

I can understand what you are saying. But once you do get out of the marriage and get on with your life you will realize that its not love that you feel, its dependency. Maybe he doesn't physically abuse you but ,in my opinion, emotional abuse is worse. You can see the marks from the physical but emotional usually its only you and maybe the people closest to you that see this.
Noone can tell you what to do. You really,deep down, know what you need to do. People very rarely change. In your heart you probably know that he will not change. You just need to try and build up yourself so you have the strenth to do what is best for you and for your child.
It takes alot of strenth to leave a relationship that you feel so strongly about. But just search yourself and you will know deep down that what you feel is not love. Love is healthy for you and him. This is not healthy. Get yourself together and learn to like yourself again and when your with someone sucking the life out of you its very hard to do this.
You do what you know you need to do and remember people very rarely change. Do what is best for you and your child.
This is from someone who has been there, not with a dominican but an american man. Men are men all over the world, some good, some bad.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Bing61074,

This is a sad story but unfortunately you are one of many to experience this....for sure. But you have to know or realize that these men have their "MO" and you should have been able to read into it but you didn't so now the consequences are controlling your situation. It's ironic though because I read your post and ALL your answers are there. If if it's a question of needing to vent...you've done that. Now you need to take action which is move on with your life without him. Another worthy individual will come along but you have to pave the way for that person. If you keep hanging on to Mr. Loser then you are trapping yourself. It seems to me like he has moved on. You should do the same.

I know this is easier said than done but you can do it. Why not start today.

Sincerely,

Lesley D.

bing61074 said:

Mar 21, 2002
Don't worry. You're not alone. Read all the files in this section. You'll feel better knowing you're not alone. Why would foreigners think that the Dr can give them what they can't find at home. This is a topic dominicans like to talk alot about ad infinitum.

Pol que carajo vienen aqui a buscar marido? Acaso no hay hombres en su pai?

Why in the hell do they come here to find a spouse? There ain't any spouses back home?

They should add that lingo to DR spanish. KISS Keep it simple stupid. Find your spouse back home. It's easier. You know your own kind. Now if you're a pirate like CC, Robert, Xanadu so on and so forth- then come to the DR.

mami

Mar 16, 2004
Nasty People

bing61074 said:

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOUR NOT THE LOOSER HE IS BUT YOU NEED TO LET GO. GO SEEK COUNSELING.

Last edited by a moderator:

navarra

Apr 14, 2004
I would have to agree with everyone's statements. I love Latinos, they are fine, sexy, macho, smooth, and are charmers. But that's about as far as I would go with it. He's using you, and he gave you a child (yes, gave you), because that is the way that he can keep you down. He knows you aren't going to go anywhere, so why not keep you as his "main woman"? That's how Dominican men are, they aren't trying to be faithful, and as far as I'm concerned when I was growing up there, not even my father kept his mistresses a secret. My mother just dealt with it, but maybe she felt that she had to?

As for you, I don't know what country you live in, but I don't care if it is Iraq! Girl, get you some self esteem, dust off your shoulders, and get to stepping! You don't need him, if anything, he needs you, and as far as I'm concerned, your daughter doesn't need to see her mother disrespecting herself any longer. Because what she sees today, is what she learns for tomorrow, and no woman, regardless of their socio-economic status, nationality, religion, educational background, etc, should ever deal with mess like this! Kick him to the curb, he surely isn't thinking about your feelings, so why have any for him? One day, when you get strong again, trust me, you will look back and regret EVER shedding a tear for his sorry a**! It's time to take action, save these posts, and read them back everyday, hopefully in time, they will help!