The Surrogate Process in DR

HJVERA

Mar 27, 2004
www.hjvera.com
Is surrogacy possible in the Dominican Republic? I know adoption is, but what about surrogacy? Can anyone point me in the right direction (DR lawyer, DR organization/hospital/clinic, couple who has done it before in DR, website, etc.)? Is it illegal?

Lastly, are adopted children treated as if they were my own when it comes to wealth transfer?

Many thanks for the anticipated replies.

-Henry

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
All adopted children will have the same inheritance rights as their siblings beginning August 2004 when Law #136-03 comes into effect.

At present, only "privileged adoption" ("adopcion privilegiada") confers on the adoptee inheritance rights, "simple adoption" ("adopci?n simple") does not.

As to "surrogacy", I confess that I don't what it means legally and I don't have my dictionary on English/American law at hand.

pati

Feb 3, 2004
HJVERA,

Are you looking for someone in the Dominican Republic to be a surrogate mother for you?

HJVERA

Mar 27, 2004
www.hjvera.com
Surrogacy in DR

Yes, a native Dominican woman who is willing to be a surrogate mother in the Dominican Republic is what I am looking for. The mother would sign a contract stating that all rights belong to the father, etc. and she would be paid for taking part in the surrogacy process.

Also need a lawyer who is familiar with this process.

Any ideas?

pati said:
HJVERA,

Are you looking for someone in the Dominican Republic to be a surrogate mother for you?