March 31 D.R. Earthquake Predicted in Advance?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
March 31, 2004 D.R. Earthquake Predicted in Advance?

shoucloud.jpg

The 'Earthquake Cloud' of February 29, 2004

In a post on March 4, 2004 I passed along some information from Dr. Shou regarding his discovery of the image above. He concluded that the cloud formation above was a precursor to an earthquake equal to 5.0 or greater magnitude somewhere in our area. You can view the original post here. I received some other information from Dr.Shou, forwarded to me by Quaqualita that I never got around to posting which I would like to share now.

shouabc.jpg

The Predicted Location of March 8, 2004

On March 8, 2004, Dr. Shou wrote, in reference to the image above, "There was a black line "ABC" from northwest to southeast in Image 20040228 18:00. It looks like an active fault if there is no such a river. If you have good map or earthquake catalog, whose precision reaches magnitude of 1 ML or smaller, you can verify whether or not it is an active fault by yourself. I guess that the cloud implies an earthquake in the black line, but I am not sure whether or not my estimation is right."

That is, in fact a fault line. We discussed this southern fault system in depth many weeks ago in the earthquake thread. Last night a 5.3 magnitude earthquake occurred along this fault shaking Santo Domingo and felt in Santiago as well. That's exactly where it was predicted to be in the e-mails.

Keep in mind a 5.0+ magnitude earthquake here is not an every month occurrence. It's hardly even an every year occurrence. So the prediction of a 5.0-6.0 quake along this fault based on the cloud formation seen on February 29 is in my opinion pretty impressive.

What do you think?

Tom aka XR You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive in the DR.

Last edited:

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
Let's help Dr. Shou!

I think THIS MUST convince everybody, that Zhonghao Shou's predictions are for real.
The quake last night at 8:04 pm couldn't have been more exact: time frame, location, and magnitude were a 100% hit.

I was quite amazed when I came a few weeks ago by accident over his site at http://quake.exit.com . I did some online research and contacted Zhonghao Shou, who provided me immediatly with additional info, which I also forwarded to Tom to get his 'professional' opinion on it.

When you compare the data of his predictions (http://quake.exit.com/imageindex.htm check out page 17 and page 18 for his latest updates) with the data of the quakes that happend after his predictions, it must be obvious for everybody, that his work needs to be acknolegded. In my opinion he should get all founding which is necessary to develop his theory into a very well working warning system world wide.

Zhonghao Shou's sucessful work needs to get published. I just received an email from him saying "...If it is possible, I hope you to report my prediction,my theory, and the earthquake to newspaper and TV of you country, and give me a copy if it is published, which will be a big help of my work."

Can we help? What is the contact info of the local media, I could write to? I'm not sure if my Spanish is good enough to write them, but I would try anyway - unless somebody here on the board could do that?
Robert / Dolores - would you consider to mention Zhonghao Shou's prediction in your daily news?

I'm just trying to do what I can. I'm absolutely convinced that his theory deserves all the founding and publicity he needs, his work could save many many lifes world wide in the future.

quaqualita

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Dr. Shou works mostly alone with the help of his daughter. I am planning on writing some software to get him hourly satellite photos as a 'Thank You' for his patience in spending time watching the DR in satellite photos to make this prediction experiment possible for all of us here.

You can learn more about his theory and help him in his work by visiting his homepage.

Tom aka XR I was trying to daydream but my mind kept wandering.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Feel Free!

aledesma said:
Try forwarding this information to editora@elcaribecdn.com.doThis is really good! Abel
Just remember to tell them you heard it here on Robert & Dolores' DR1 first! You are wlcome to pass along my e-mail, too.

Welcome and congratulations on your first post on DR1, by the way.

Tom aka XR Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
thanks for joining me on my "Dr. Shou mission".
Thanks Dolores for the nice article of todays news, thanks Tom, thanks aledesma.

I've contacted ElCaribe/CDN and Diario Libre as well.
If anyone has other idea's how we could help Dr. Shou, let me know.

quaqualita