Boca Chica .vs. Juan Dolio, Guayancanes, Villas Del Mar

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Myself and a few recent graduates who are my frat brothers are headed down in a group of 4 to stay in Boca Chica May 26th-June 2nd. We are all 23-25, young, attractive, educated, wordly and African-American from California & Atlanta and can understand intermediate spanish. Is The Boca-Chica (beaches, nightlife, fun, accomodations) better than the guayacanes, juan dolio & villas del mar area? My main objective is to stay in a close area close enough to fly into and reach the capital of Santo Domingo to see the capital for a few days but as a "home base" use either Boca Chica or the guayacanes, juan dolio & villas del mar areas. Does anyone also have any info on houses/condos in either of the areas that have swimming pools and not too far from the beach or on the beach in any of the areas i mentioned and are reasonably priced? I know my question is long but i'm here to soak up as much as I can before I depart. Thanks and I look fwd to your responses!

nubiankat

Mar 28, 2004
Juan Dolio

I'm an African-American female from Denver who speaks Spanish pretty well and I'll be going to Juan Dolio this week. I will be staying in a townhouse with 3 bedrooms that has a reasonalble rate. Go to http://www.dominicanapartments.com and check it out. Feel free to ask me via pm how it was when I return after April 10.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There's definitely more night life in Boca Chica.........

and also more vendors and sex trade workers to hound you to death on the beach and the main tourist street!
Prices are probably pretty much the same in all areas and there aren't many apts/condos with swimming pools near or on the beach (at least in the Juan Dolio/Villas del Mar/Guayacanes area, - our building is one of the few! :cross-eye ).
That said if you send me a PM I'll ask if there's anything in this building available for that time frame and let you know. We're almost right across from the public beach in Juan Dolio!

Last edited: