Santiago to Sosua

nancybelle

Feb 9, 2004
Can anyone tell me if there is a good bus service from Santiago to Sosua? How often does it run? Cost?
Thanks!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Originally posted by Ken...

No problem catching a Caribe Tours bus from Santiago to Sosua. You shouldn't have to wait at the terminal long since there are hourly departures.

The return trip is also doable,but you will need to get up early. The first bus from Sosua to Santiago leaves at 5:15am, the second at 6:20, then hourly at 20 minutes after the hour until the last bus for the day departs at 6:20 pm. You will need to take the 5:15 or 6:20 bus.

Note: The bus actually goes all the way the Santo Domingo, but makes a short stop in Puerto Plata to pick up passengers and a 20 minute stop in Santiago so passengers can get something to eat.

Try doing a search typing in Caribe tours, you may find a post with cost etc.

Marlie

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Do a search on "metro" or "caribe" tours on this site. You'll find lots of info, times, fares, etc. I think the buses run hourly, and go on to Santo Domingo from there. Make sure if you take the bus, you bring a jacket or blanket along, because the air-conditioning goes at full blast.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Too funny, I guess Marlie got done before me, we were typing the same info at the same time!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
What is it that they say?

Great minds think alike, it definitely isn't the one about fools seldom differ!!!!
Marlie

nancybelle

Feb 9, 2004
Thanks so much, Marlie! I appreciate your prompt help. I'm abandoned my quest for schools in Santiago and will probably study in Sosua instead. I'm sure it will be great. Again, thanks!

marliejaneca said:
No problem catching a Caribe Tours bus from Santiago to Sosua. You shouldn't have to wait at the terminal long since there are hourly departures.

The return trip is also doable,but you will need to get up early. The first bus from Sosua to Santiago leaves at 5:15am, the second at 6:20, then hourly at 20 minutes after the hour until the last bus for the day departs at 6:20 pm. You will need to take the 5:15 or 6:20 bus.

Note: The bus actually goes all the way the Santo Domingo, but makes a short stop in Puerto Plata to pick up passengers and a 20 minute stop in Santiago so passengers can get something to eat.

Try doing a search typing in Caribe tours, you may find a post with cost etc.

Marlie