Coming to DR early May

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallycoyle

Apr 2, 2004
Hi everyone,

I am coming to DR in early May with my wife and it is our first time.

I would be grateful of any information about what beaches to visit, cheap tours, taxis, best SCUBA diving courses and prices.

Any Info on Puerto Plata Village resort would be great.

Just let me know where to go what to see and where to avoid.

thanks

Pallyc

BrothaNature

Mar 29, 2004
Im going to pay close attention to this thread myself as this will be my first time if I go in the spring too... :glasses:

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
buy a travel guide

pallycoyle said:
Hi everyone,

I would be grateful of any information about what beaches to visit, cheap tours, taxis, best SCUBA diving courses and prices.

thanks

Pallyc

Your best option is to purchase a current travel guide (lonely planetetc..)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I do not want to sound harsh, but you will be able to find most of your answers by doing a search on this board. This topic has come up many, many times.
It is also hard to recommend things to do unless we know what your likes/dislikes are - ie: do you like horseback riding, climbing waterfalls, cable cars up the mountain, botanical gardens, historical sites, shopping, safari jeep tours, golfing. If you do a search typing in any of these words, you are sure to come up with the info that you want.
There has been some excellent posts on what to see and do around Puerto Plata, it just depends on how much time you will want to spend away from the resort. As for beaches, you will be at Playa Dorada or do you want to sightsee other beaches, or spend full days at them?
I used to work at Puerto Plata Village so I may be able to help you there, what kind of info do you need? Also, there may have been a trip report written about it in the trip report section that may answer some questions.
If after doing some searching, you still have some questions or need more pesonalized information, then come back and ask and we may be able to help you a little more.
Hopefully this helps a bit,
Marlie

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I highly recommend Freestyle Catamaran. Not necessarily "cheap", but a great day on the ocean with scuba diving, music, and a few rum cocktails.

Have a great trip!

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
pallycoyle said:
Hi everyone,

thanks

Pallyc

You can Email me for the address of the taxi operator I have used on my last five trips and will be using again the end of May.
Also, for a afternoon of fun, try the Quad runner tour. You will travel about 20 miles through the cane fields, and small villages, to the beach and then back.
John
jblersch@optonline.net

krazy_kanuck

Apr 12, 2004
Also at Puerto Plata Village in Early May

pallycoyle said:
Hi everyone,

thanks

Pallyc

Young couple will be at Puerto Plata Village April 27 - May 3... planning on taking a couple days to get away from the resort, and would love some travel friends... interested in hiking up the waterfalls? going into puerto plata? a trip to sosua?

how old are you? what dates are u in DR?

send me a private message if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.