Return flight from Dominican Republic to Montreal

jetfuel

Mar 4, 2004
Hello all, i'm looking for a round trip flight that leaves from the Dominican Republic to Montreal, Canada. It doesn't matter where it leaves from the Dominican Republic, i'm only looking for dirt cheap flights. I'll only be gone a day or two, but if the minimum is a week than so be it.

If anyone has info or is a travel agent that can hook this deal up please pm me or post here as soon as possible. I'd like to leave and come back quickly.

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What's Dirt Cheap Mean?

jetfuel said:
Hello all, i'm looking for a round trip flight that leaves from the Dominican Republic to Montreal, Canada. It doesn't matter where it leaves from the Dominican Republic, i'm only looking for dirt cheap flights. I'll only be gone a day or two, but if the minimum is a week than so be it.

If anyone has info or is a travel agent that can hook this deal up please pm me or post here as soon as possible. I'd like to leave and come back quickly.

Thanks all

You don't often find "leave quickly" and "dirt cheap" when it comes to airlines. and you really haven't said how cheap you want - $300? $1000?

You can fly on the scheduled carriers (AA, CO) via Miami or you can try to buy a fare on Air Canada's POP flight in reverse if they are still running it (and you may have to connect in Toronto). For truly cheap you can try to stake out the airports for tour companies' charters that are not full and that gets you to Canada (Toronto again probably) and then try to find an air only deal to go back and then dump the return part since you won't need it.

Are you able to connect in the US?

jetfuel

Mar 4, 2004
Thanks for the reply RickToronto

If i don?t have a return they?ll think (know) i won?t go back, i don?t need those problems yet! I?m getting my residency in 3-4 months, which is overstaying already.

I paid 500$CDN taxes included, 2 days before leaving! for a direct round trip from Montreal to Puerto Plata. I wouldn?t mind paying about the same price. 1000$ is a very very regular price, you won?t find more expensive than that unless you want 1st class.

I can go through the US, i just don?t want to, major problems out there for foreigners, even Canadians! I wouldn?t mind going to Toronto or Ottawa

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
jetfuel said:

Thanks all
Call your Rep. For around $100.00 you can change your return date then get another ticket from Montreal.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
There is a Difference

jetfuel said:
Thanks for the reply RickToronto

I paid 500$CDN taxes included, 2 days before leaving! for a direct round trip from Montreal to Puerto Plata. I wouldn?t mind paying about the same price. 1000$ is a very very regular price, you won?t find more expensive than that unless you want 1st class.

There are plenty of last minute, air-only flights from Canada to the DR, and I would think about......zero the other way since they are really just return flights for people who left Canada and are going home after a week or two. Unless you can change your return ticket date you have, assuming that you do, you are stuck paying for a new round trip DR-Canada- DR and not at last minute prices unless you can talk to the tour companies like I suggested.

Good luck.

jetfuel

Mar 4, 2004
My return ticket expired about 6 weeks ago!

I guess i'll just go to the airport. Surprising no one here offers that service, how do Dominicans go to Canada and come back?

Thanks anyways!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Well, with A US Visa

jetfuel said:
My return ticket expired about 6 weeks ago!

I guess i'll just go to the airport. Surprising no one here offers that service, how do Dominicans go to Canada and come back?

Thanks anyways!

The ones I meet (and a few, very few, go on to Canada) are on the SDQ-MIA-YYZ flights twice a day. Connecting via NYC is not feasible as you switch airports. The CO flights sometimes work as well , via EWR.

Sin visa and since the death of the TWOV program, you have to go via Panama, Haiti, or Havana, or take the Air Canada POP- YYZ flight if it still exists and one way will be a mint (round trip is no bargain either) . Or do what that one guy did before , he went to the airport, found out the tour reps names and tried to get an empty seat back on a charter - better hurry as other than a few POP or PUJ they sort of dry up starting about now until the autumn.

The charter companies - Transat and Skyservice really don't exist to offer round trip or even one way trips to Canada for people starting in the DR. They just work for the tour companies who sell the tickets.

So scheduled flights work fine, and charters you are up against it a bit, good luck.

flec

Feb 7, 2004
www.flec.ca
Via Miami or New York...

I world think the easiest is via Miami. I've gone SDQ/STI - MIA return for about $180 return. AA has it for $250 plus taxes. Or check with Air Santo Domingo. I recall they were selling SDQ - New York (JFK?) for about $400. Just check with a local DR travel agency.

Once in MIA or JFK there are a million cheap flights back to Canada... JetsGo, Transat, AA, etc.