Packet #3 for K-1 Visa

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
My fiancee and I are in the process of waiting for Packet #3 from the US Embassy in Santo Domingo. It has been 8 weeks already and no sign of the packet. Each time I call the new Visa Information #, I am told to give it a couple of more weeks. I am tired of waiting and really can't believe that they have sent two packets and neither of them have made it in 8 weeks. This new Visa Information Center is really bad.

So, I had someone I know send me an extra set of the original Instruction Letter and Medical Information sheet to my fiancee. This was an extra that they received when they went through this process recently and received the packet here in the US. He is going to take these to the Dr's office to get his medical exam and pay the fee. Once he has the medical exam and paid the fee, we are going to call the Embassy and say that we are ready. They will then give us an interview date. However, what we do not have, is the original forms that come in this packet that need to be filled out and brought with us to the interview. (The forms are the DS-156, DS156K and DS230)

My question is:

1. The US Embassy website in Santo Domingo has these forms online in pdf format. If we just printed these off and had these filled out, is this okay???

OR,

2. If we get the interview by the end of this week, when I go down there later on this month and show up at the US Embassy with my passport, can I just tell them that we have all the necessary information, medical exam and have paid the fee and have been assigned an interview, however, we have misplaced the paperwork, does anyone know if they will give me the forms?

Can someone please shed some light on this? Especially on the downloaded forms.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Yes, you can print those forms off because you need them for the interview. All forms supposedly sent to fiancee have never been delivered, my lawyer has always received all forms though, not in a timely manner by the way. Yesenia filled out her forms by downloading them but lawyer had to send her a copy of my copy because they have instructions with them in case of questions she may have and so she can double check that she filled them out correctly. You can have your fiancee fill them out and that will be fine and present them at the time of the interview. I have no reason why the petitionee's never receive any of the paperwork and they are supposed to receive one set and the sponsor/lawyer representing the sponsor receiving the other set. Have your fiancee take the medical exam because all he needs is the paper stating the interview date, that can be picked up in Santo Domingo by the way, because it is recommended that the petitionee take the exam 5-10 business days before the interview date. I can't believe that you don't have a definite interview date though, as soon as the 100US is paid to the Popular bank they are supposed to set up an appointment. Something doesn't sit right with me, Yesenia and Howito couldn't take the medical exam without the paper stating the interview date. The consulate are a bunch of ignoramuses' because they charge about 9US for each call and they don't help out very much. I kept getting the run around until I insisted on talking to a US representative at the Consulate, not a Dominican know nothing. Good luck, it seems like they treat each case with their own rules.
dale7(Howard)