November Honeymoon

S

Sharon

My fiance and I are getting married this fall and are trying to plan our honeymoon for mid-November. The DR sounds like the ideal location for two people who are active and want to enjoy the all the benefits of an all-inclusive (read: food, drinks, tennis, watersports). Does anyone have any suggestions and/or comments about locales, resorts. Should I be steering clear of the DR because of possible weather concerns at that time of year? (Value for $$CDN is also a minor issue as I am a grad student) Any comments are welcome. Please post or contact me directly at guger@yorku.ca. Thanks!

M

Mark

Sharon, I gather from your e-mail address that you're at york university. I suggest considering the playa naco resort in the playa dorada complex. It's offered out of toronto year round through conquest, world of vacations, air transit, and possibly others. I think many canadians will agree that it's the best bang for your buck to the DR out of toronto (possible the best deal anywhere in the caribbean). You should be able to do it for less than $1000/week all-inclusive. $1200-$1300 for two weeks. It's centrally located, on the beach with beach bar & grill, has nice clean rooms (nothing real fancy), absolutely beautiful grounds, a great pool with swim-up bar, four bars in total, a buffet plus 3 a la carte restaurants (a bit of food variety is a real bonus at an all-inclusive), a good disco, lively and fun entertainment, and top notch service. As for weather, you'll have no trouble in mid-november. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like more details. Happy honeymooning!!

Mark St. John's, NF

S

Steve

You'll love it. You and your lucky fiance will have a great time in DR. It's a fun island, especially for early risers. Tennis is good, drinks too. Anyone who has taken dance lessons will love some of the night life - some people even try the Foxtrot. Be sure to have some German drinking songs at hand, as many of the holiday makers around when I was there were eager to sing.