Which hotel? Breezes or Cabarete Bay (Estrella del Mar)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Hi folks,

damn I just read about the Breezes and now Im no sure anymore at which hotel I should stay.
We are two guys, both 26, both looking for fun and dancing and are going to stay two weeks in the DR in the North.

Which hotel would you prefer/choose? Until now I was in favor for the Cabarete bay, cause it is near to cabarete. But the Breezes is in the middle of Cab and Sosua and I think we can afford a taxi every night...

Please help

Max

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi mexx78,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

We arrive at Breezes in three days and we toured it last year. This year we are touring Azzuro/Estrella/Cabarete Bay as well as a couple of others. If I were comparing the two before the EDM renovations I would say Breezes, hands down; but I will reserve judgement until after we return as the renovations might be significant.

We'll see.

If you can hold off until April 23; E-mail or PM me after we return.

Gregg

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Since you are two young guys looking for action, I recommend Breezes. There is much more night life there than at the Cabarete Hotel, and you are close enough to Cabarete to take part in the action there as well. It is the best of both worlds for you.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Ken said:
Since you are two young guys looking for action, I recommend Breezes. There is much more night life there than at the Cabarete Hotel, and you are close enough to Cabarete to take part in the action there as well. It is the best of both worlds for you.

Thanks for the reply. How much is the trip via taxi to Cabarete or Sosua?

Max

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Max,

If at Breezes there is a complimentry shuttle several times a day to both Sosua and Cabarete. Return taxi is $5US, maybe a bit more at night.

If going from Sosua to Cabarete or the other way take a guagua for $10RD - $20RD pesos per person or if easier for you they wiill take $1US for two persons. (I know that's overpaying but it's the smallest US I can carry).

Be careful taking motoconchos as they leave much to be desired in the safety department and many tourists get branded by the hot exhaust pipes (Dominican tattoo - Ouch!!).

Gregg

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Everything is booked now

We'll (two guys, both 26) be in Cabarete Azzuro from the 27th of may until the 9th of june. Man am I looking forward to it. Any girls around who wanna party with us :)?
Some question rose during reading this forum, maybe somebody can give me some short and quick answers.

In germany its only possible to book the Estrella - could I somehow convince the receptionist to give me a room in the new complex facing the sea? How do I tip best, 10 bucks before or after the question -should I blink with my eyes or make the money gesture with my thumb and the indexfinger?

We want to do some tours - does somebody know a agency (preferably in Cabarete) where we best book them? Or can anyone suggest some taxidriver who can show us around the north coast?

Is Santo Domingo worth a two day trip? Can somebody suggest a cheap hotel in SD, near the Bus stops?

All answers welcome :)...

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
go easy

mexx78 said:
In germany its only possible to book the Estrella - could I somehow convince the receptionist to give me a room in the new complex facing the sea? How do I tip best, 10 bucks before or after the question -should I blink with my eyes or make the money gesture with my thumb and the indexfinger?

We want to do some tours - does somebody know a agency (preferably in Cabarete) where we best book them? Or can anyone suggest some taxidriver who can show us around the north coast?

Is Santo Domingo worth a two day trip? Can somebody suggest a cheap hotel in SD, near the Bus stops?

All answers welcome :)...

By all means, request a room in the new complex and, if they can accommodate you they probably will; then you can give a gratuity to whomever helped you out.

Try walking around first and contract tours directly with the operator and not through the hotel since it will be less expensive that way or, if you want to freelance it, you can find a taxi for hire but make sure you negotiate the price. Santo Domingo may be worth the trip if you are interested in seeing the Colonial Zone (established by the Spaniards after the 'discovery' 500 years ago) and a fairly modern Latin American city in its day-to-day. For local flavor walk El Conde pedestrian street late afternoon...good girl-watching while sitting at a cafe enjoying a brew (hot or cold)!

Status
Not open for further replies.