Hurricane Season??

CathyV

Mar 30, 2004
Ok.. It might be a stupid question.. but... we might be going to Puerto Plata at the Gran Ventana resort in OCTOBER
My sister just called and she is concerned about Hurricanes. SHOULD BE BE CONCERNED? :ermm:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
The Famous 'Last' Word.

CathyV said:
Ok.. It might be a stupid question.. but... we might be going to Puerto Plata at the Gran Ventana resort in OCTOBER
My sister just called and she is concerned about Hurricanes. SHOULD BE BE CONCERNED? :ermm:
No. She should not be concerned. A hurricane is possible many months of the year, but the probabilities of any one spot being hit at a particular time are extremely low. And even if a direct hit occured, things are built with concrete here and withstand things much, much better than in the states. As a tourist you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Just an exciting tale to tell the grand kids later.

Tom aka XR Alba will buy anything marked down. Last year she bought an escalator.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not Until Hockey Season Starts

CathyV said:

Carolina didn't even make the playoffs.

Coming to POP in OCTOBER!?!?!? OH NO!?!? She's doomed! (You too!!)

OK, maybe not. Actually, not maybe not. Definitely not.

They happen , rarely make landfall, not a lot in the north shore and you are safe in an AI anyway.