Finally, my return to Saman?

tripleaadams

Feb 27, 2004
I stayed with a family in Saman? for three weeks during January, and since then, I have been obsessed with la Republica Dominicana which is why I am pleased to say that I am again returning to this amazing country (and to the town of Saman?) May 24th. While I cannot say that I missed the abnormally sized cockroaches, there is just so much about the DR that I love...the people, the culture, the music, and the beauty of the country. I think what intrigues me the most about the DR is the paradox of such extreme poverty in perhaps one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the privilege to see. I must say that this time I will be traveling alone (when I went in January, it was with other students from my college) and am not quite at the point where I can claim to be bilingual. What saddens me is that I will only have two weeks instead of three to spend there. Until then, I count the days.

Good luck!!! :)

I am glad that you liked the DR. You will be just fine with the dominicanos, just tell them No hablo Espa?ol pero quiero aprender (no ablo spaniol puh-ro ke-a-ro a-pran-dar) which means I don't Speak Spanish but I am willing to learn and I bet ya that you will get a couple of people try to teach you how to speak Spanish. :classic:

tripleaadams

Feb 27, 2004
lol

Thank you for that. I do know some spanish however (it is actually my second major in college, my first being pre-law). I can understand much more than I can speak (correctly conjugated). I managed to get by once, so I'm sure it will not be too big of a problem. The family I stayed with did not know any English so I learned quickly how one can say something in many different ways to enable another to understand.