Where should they go?

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Hello all.
As many of you know, Delta begins travel to SDQ on June 1st. Several of my coworkers are planning a trip there and have asked me for suggestions.
I'm embarrassed to say that I really dont know where to steer them to. I have always gone to El Cibao to visit Dad and have only really been a tourist during one visit.
They are mostly into adventure and sight seeing with some golf on the side.
I understand that they do not want to travel as far as Pto Plata/Sosua since they will be in the SDQ area.
Is Casa de Campo isolated? They would like to visit a nearby city for shopping, museams etc.

Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Carabella

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Caralinda:

Casa de Campo is as far as Puerto Plata give or take a few minutes.

I think that for them, the Juan Dolio area is the best bet. Perhaps the Guavaberry or Metro. There is golf, the beach is right there and it is only 45 minutes from Santo Domingo.

To think I tried to get Delta to come here in 1985!! They used to fly here all the time...Tell them that STI is a better destination...Nicer airport, friendlier people..but you know that cibae?a........

Hasta pronto,

HB

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Thank you Oh Knowledgeable one..

Should have known that you would make a good recommendation Hillbilly. I will suggest the Juan Dolio area. Frankly, never crossed my mind.

Ah yes, STI. If I had any pull with marketing "el Cibao" would have been the inaugural.
They dont know what they're missing.

Thanks again!