Inexpensive Hotels North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering a trip (solo) to the North Coast of the DR near the end of this month.

I'm looking for a SUPER INEXPENSIVE hotel to stay at. I'd like a place within walking distance of a beach and some good bars. The place surely doesn't have to be fancy....just a bed and shower.

Any suggestions?

MotorCity Mike

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
MotorCity Mike said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering a trip (solo) to the North Coast of the DR near the end of this month.

I'm looking for a SUPER INEXPENSIVE hotel to stay at. I'd like a place within walking distance of a beach and some good bars. The place surely doesn't have to be fancy....just a bed and shower.

Any suggestions?

MotorCity Mike

Try Rocky's in Sosua. You'll have a bar on premise, with plenty of others close by. The beach is only 4 or 5 short blocks. The rooms are good and the food is better. Enjoy!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hey Mary,

Thanks for your response! Do you know if Rocky has a Website.....or anyway to check the prices and location?

Thanks,

MotorCity Mike

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I have stayed at Rocky's. It is a great deal for $15 USD per night. It is also nice to walk right outside your room in the morning and eat breakfast. Only thing that sucks is you have to listen to Marc talk about nascar.

Larry

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
If you want to stay in Cabarete, check out www.cabaretesurfcamp.com. For $20/night you get a room with breakfast and dinner included. Beach is about a 7 minute walk. Surf Camp is located in gated residential area behind the main street of Cabarete. The restaurant is a local favorite.

There are also some cheap places in the callejon that you can stay for as little as $6/night with backup electricity and decent hot water.

snails3

Apr 12, 2004
Anything besides Rocky's?

I'm going to be in Sosua/Cabarete at the end of this month too. Someone recommended a hotel called Pica Flores. They said it's on the road between Cabarete and Sosua. Supposedly supposed to be about $20 per night. Has anyone heard of it? Any suggestions of better places in either town besides Rocky's?

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
In both Sosua and Cabarete this trip

Rocky's is basic, but great $15/night in Sosua. Ceiling fan, TV, but no safety box. Wasn't concerned about my things as the staff appeared very honest people. The staff is great, food is great, drinks are cheap, it's pretty central in town, close to the beach, etc. If you're like me and only need a room to hold your clothes and valuables, change your clothes, sleeping, and physical maintenance (showers, horizontal exercise, etc.), for the price, Rocky's can't be beat.

In Cabarete, I'm staying at Hotel Casa Blanca in a room in a beachhouse for $25/night. Again, basic, but has A/C, and is clean, safe, quiet, and discrete. No safety box, at least in my room, but not a problem for me. Again, staff appears honest people (I have a test for that.). Maybe .5 km from central Cabarete.

Hope this helps.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
snails3 said:
I'm going to be in Sosua/Cabarete at the end of this month too. Someone recommended a hotel called Pica Flores. They said it's on the road between Cabarete and Sosua. Supposedly supposed to be about $20 per night. Has anyone heard of it? Any suggestions of better places in either town besides Rocky's?

Pica Flores is about half way between the airport and Sosua. There are so many options in Sosua that are within walking distance to all the bars, restaurants, shops and beaches. Try www.sosua.com for a list of hotels.

Roughwater

Feb 24, 2004
How Hot and Sweaty in June?

Rocky's sounds great to me......love the price, location
and best of all my kind of general attitude........Might choose this over Costambar.

But with only a ceiling fan how HOT and Sweaty
will it get in the middle of June.
Need to stay bright eyed and bushy tailed for my
'Physical Maintenance'.

Status
Not open for further replies.