Timeshare Points?

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
I know it will be slam time here on DR1 But after searching old posts and being pressured by the misses, I need to get some answers. Sure wish the late Johnny Honda was around to get some pointers.

South Carolina 2 bedroom condo is going at 66,500 points per year with RCI. They are offering 100,000 bonus points for the purchase. They are also offering one 5 night stay for free at this condo plus one 7 night stay at a RCI affiliated resort anywhere in the world.

Most North Coast 2 bedroom suites offered through RCI are around 30,000 points per week. With the free trip and the bonus points the condo would pay for its self with our first 5 or 6 trips. We have no intention of going back to the purchased timeshare condo. Myrtle Beach is ok but it is not the DR!!!

Questions

Is anyone willing to give advice on how hard is it to get to use our points on the North Coast?

If it is not that hard to use our points in the DR does anyone know if the exchange resorts or hotels are really worth around 30,000 points?

Our big concern is having all those points and not being able to book areas in the DR.

Thanks

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
timeshare points...dont believe the hype

yeah I fell for that whole RCI thing too....they are a joke.....The question is do you own or you are thinking about buying? Forget that point stuff...and exchanging blah blah blah.......one thing I do know..if you buy ...buy somewhere you like and want to stay on a regular basis, and buy from a reputable compay....dont believe the hype my friend!!!

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
I agree, my sister bought on e of these. Transfer fees, bonus time, etc., etc.,etc. If your going to DR every year and you HAVE to have one of these, buy it in DR.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
RCI is pushing points big time!

Allegro Resorts and Royal Holidays are doing the points deal here in the North Coast, However the Resorts they Pitch are no way worth the points they are asking!

I would suggest that if you like the North Coast you buy RCI weeks in a Villa that have no yearly maintenance fees and only charge a service fee for the weeks used.
Here in the DR you can buy a 30 week/ 25 year/ 365 day Villa Package Gold Crown Resort with RCI. for much less then anywere else.

If you have not already gone for the points deal.........I would suggest you stay away, Very new system and to complex for the current Timeshare/Vacation Club system as is set up now.

Gringo