$$$$to play with$$$$$, must see's

brespencer

Apr 13, 2004
Ok, now we have another question......

How much money (in US$) should we bring to spend on touristy things?

We are staying at an all inclusive resort, but we want to do some tour-type things. for example, the dolphin swim, the city tour that includes the cable car ride to the top of the mountain, maybe a catamaran trip, and possible some parasailing if its offered anywhere..........

I have a hard time converting from US to peso's quickly, so its difficlut to tell if what we are planning on bringing enough $$. We will probably eat some meals out of the resort area too.

Also, what are the "MUST SEE'S"? I doubt we will ever get a chance to some back, so i want to see it all, but 1 week wont allow that!

thanks again!
breanna

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see, humm

brespencer said:
Ok, now we have another question......

How much money (in US$) should we bring to spend on touristy things?

We are staying at an all inclusive resort, but we want to do some tour-type things. for example, the dolphin swim, the city tour that includes the cable car ride to the top of the mountain, maybe a catamaran trip, and possible some parasailing if its offered anywhere..........

I have a hard time converting from US to peso's quickly, so its difficlut to tell if what we are planning on bringing enough $$. We will probably eat some meals out of the resort area too.

Also, what are the "MUST SEE'S"? I doubt we will ever get a chance to some back, so i want to see it all, but 1 week wont allow that!

thanks again!
breanna
This is a very odd question. It all depends on the things that you will do. Bring enough money since it's better to have enough. I will gladly tell you to bring traveler checks. I't not too hard to convert dollars to pesos. Even the resort workers would be able to help you point the way to the next exchange house/store. Also, you can use your credit cards. There's not much that you can do in 1 week, but just try and make the best of it. Enjoy and good luck.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
brespencer, I'm glad to know that you plan to get out and see something of the country even though staying at an AI resort. Good mix.

Very difficult to give you an answer to your question. But you do have some options if you run short. You can get a cash advance on your credit card at a bank or in an ATM, or you can use your bank card in an ATM to get cash. Chances are some of the larger tour operators will accept credit cards, probably even better restaurants, as well. Travelers checks another possibility; what you don't use you can deposit in your account when you get home.

Enjoy your trip and give us a report afterward.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I would bring about 100 USD per person per trip you'd like to take, plus money to buy trinkets if you plan to do so. The trips will probably cost less than that, but it's better to have more than you need. Hope this helps...