airport departure fee

attny2b

Jul 3, 2003
Hello,
My fiance is leaving the Dominican Republic and coming to the U.S., what/any fee will he need to pay at the airport in the Dominican Republic when he leaves? He seems to think it's $20 and others that have left years ago agree, but wanted to know the exact amount these days. Thank you.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Depature Tax

It is $20US. But I believe that (at least US) airlines have been including the fee in the ticket price. That assumption is based on the fact that the last three or four times I have left via POP, there was no need for me to queue up at a booth to pay prior to going through security/customs.

Too bad though. I had considered making a business of exchanging pesos for dollars at the airport. I still remember seeing many non US tourists running around trying to come up with the then $10US fee, afraid they would miss their flight!!!

attny2b

Jul 3, 2003
thank you for responding so quickly. Also, other than the I-94 form that needs to be completed when he arrives at U.S. port of entry, is there anything else, he'll need to pay for? Thank you again. I'll be glad when he's here on U.S. soil and the worries will begin to decrease. :)

Buzzard said:
It is $20US. But I believe that (at least US) airlines have been including the fee in the ticket price. That assumption is based on the fact that the last three or four times I have left via POP, there was no need for me to queue up at a booth to pay prior to going through security/customs.

Too bad though. I had considered making a business of exchanging pesos for dollars at the airport. I still remember seeing many non US tourists running around trying to come up with the then $10US fee, afraid they would miss their flight!!!

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Attny2b,

I just sent you a PM, please read it. I can also give you some contact information on a group that has been through this process

attny2b said:
thank you for responding so quickly. Also, other than the I-94 form that needs to be completed when he arrives at U.S. port of entry, is there anything else, he'll need to pay for? Thank you again. I'll be glad when he's here on U.S. soil and the worries will begin to decrease. :)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
attny2b said:
Hello,
My fiance is leaving the Dominican Republic and coming to the U.S., what/any fee will he need to pay at the airport in the Dominican Republic when he leaves? He seems to think it's $20 and others that have left years ago agree, but wanted to know the exact amount these days. Thank you.
Send him US $ 20.00. That's all he needs.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The guy got a Visa?

Oh my!

I do hope you know what you are doing "attny2b" !!

An uneducated male Dom Rep citizen, un-attached, loose in the States?

Girl you are looking for heartaches..

good Luck and tell us all about it.

HB, predictor of uneasy relationships...

1) He is less educated than you are (but a lot smarter)
2) He is much, much poorer than you are
3) He has never even left the country before.
4) I'll bet he can't even find his seat on the plane!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
HB, She was not asking for advice on her relationship but extra costs involved in leaving the DR and landing in the US.

In my opinion, your post was completely uncalled for.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Atty2b vs. MYO2B

Nelly said:
HB, She was not asking for advice on her relationship but extra costs involved in leaving the DR and landing in the US.

In my opinion, your post was completely uncalled for.

And attny2b has every right to point that out if she is offended. Just as HB is allowed to mention the obvious which is more or less the 900th time in the last year someone has made or proposed this potential mistake.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
The truth hurts

Seniority has it's privilege round these parts. Besides he knows who the other Arch Moore is, the one who wasn't the fighter.