Fiscal irresponsibility at work. The selling of the Dominican Republic

Profeta

Mar 17, 2003
After having wiped all resources from the Dominican Republic, the PRD now has put the country for sale. Playa Grande, Playa Dorada, and everything else. There is a rush to cash in before the departure of the current government. That is indeed a shame, and an outright lack of fiscal responsibility for the country. If Playa Grande and the Playa Doranda complexes are sold prior to the elections, the country will never see a penny. It will all go into the pockets of the politician in powers and those supporting their bid for re-election. This is concerning. The drive to bring in dollars is so great that Playa Grande could practically be given away, and Kohler knows that.

At Kohler's resort rates of $US 2,000 - $3,000 for a three night package accomodations at one of their golf resort, dominicans chances of playing Playa Grande again are next to nil. Hopefully politicians would have some common sense and ensure dominicans would be covered under this deal.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Profeta said:
Hopefully politicians would have some common sense

Not in our lifetime! Politics is about money/power here, it's has nothing to do with the good or the will of the people.

In the past few years the country has been raped to the benefit of the few and the people perceive they are powerless to stop it.

I hope golf prices increase and that it excludes most Dominicans from playing. Then maybe they might think before they vote.

Playa Dorada I believe has already been sold.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert said:
Not in our lifetime! Politics is about money/power here, it's has nothing to do with the good or the will of the people.

In the past few years the country has been raped to the benefit of the few and the people perceive they are powerless to stop it.

I hope golf prices increase and that it excludes most Dominicans from playing. Then maybe they might think before they vote.

Playa Dorada I believe has already been sold.

Yes it has & the New administration seems to be doing a good job of upgrading the course. The Golf CLUB, however, being seperate from the owners, have increased their membership fees to Ex-Pats/Gringos to US $2,500 (from US $2,000) but don't appear to have increased membership for Dominicans (still running at under RD $20,000 I gather!!). I HOPE I am wrong as this level of discrimination would blow your argument out of the water - being as how it only affects "Foreigners"!!

I have joined FedoGolf which allows discounts of normal green fees at a number of courses throghout the country. Anyone interested can e-mail or PM me for details on the benefits they offer!! - Grahame.