during the k1 interview

willito_boy

Apr 13, 2004
my fiance and i have a interview date of may.6. i wanted to know what are some of things they might ask us during the interview.if any would like to share expirence that would be great.

attny2b

Jul 3, 2003
I just had an interview and it's very quick and pretty informal. They asked if I had any pictures of us together. They talked to me about my job and asked my fiance what languages he spoke as he is in the hotel industry. That was pretty much it, other than telling me alone (they had him return to his seat) that if we didn't marry in 90 days he'd have to return to the DR. Please feel free to email me with any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them based on my experiences. Good luck, and just be prepared to wait all day at the consulate...it's a very long day...but well worth it in the end when they say those magic words "the visa has been issued".

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Well, my case was a bit different in that I had already married my Dominican wife when we went to the Consulate. They asked us in separately and asked us just about everything that they could think of...On what side of the bed do you sleep?...Who gets up first in the morning?...How does s/he take his/her coffee...How many brothers/sisters does your spouse have?...What is the name of his/her mother... However, since we knew all the right answers we had no problems getting the visa. Better to be prepared than
sorry!

HJVERA

Mar 27, 2004
www.hjvera.com
How long...

From the day you mailed in your paperwork for the K1 visa, how long did it take to get word on your interview date, etc.?

Thanks,
-HJVERA

willito_boy

Apr 13, 2004
answering your question

i started my paper work back on oct.22 of last year and i found out about my interview date on mar.26 which is may.6. i would have gotten a early interview date but due to some money issues i was set back and had to wait on getting a interview date.

attny2b

Jul 3, 2003
I began the process about the same time (October 2003) and my interview was in April.

mindyvicente

Jan 14, 2004
The interview......

Hello,
Our interview date was April 2nd. I was not able to go because of my job but He ended up having to do fingerprints and he forgot his bank reciept so they said we would have to return in 20-30 days. I have called the consule's office and as of yet there is nothing scheduled. I was scared to go the first time because of the fact I am english he is spanish. He speaks english also....not perfect but pretty good. I am also interested if anyone knows other interview questions. We have been together since January 23rd of 2003. So it is not like we jumped right into it....It is really irritating when people put us down just because we are going through this process....... I do not know how many times I have had to say....he is not a sankie!!!!!!

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Interview Questions

I repeat that my case is different in that we were already married when we went to our interview in Santo Domingo some time after our marriage. You had better be prepared to answer anything that the interviewer may come up with...Whered did you meet?...How long have you been together?...Who are his/your family member?...etc. They can go on and on so be prepared!

kronos

Nov 6, 2003
90 day limit

attny2b said:
That was pretty much it, other than telling me alone (they had him return to his seat) that if we didn't marry in 90 days he'd have to return to the DR.

Is this a one shot chance to get married then? What if something happens?