Aparta-Hotels, Santo Domingo???

mamita

Aug 22, 2003
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could help me.. I am going to Santo Domingo in the summer, and I want to stay for 1 month... and dont wanna stay in a resort, as I like staying in apartments better. I have been to the north coast and punta canana... so now its time to go to Santo Domingo... so when I go, I want to stay in an Aparta-Hotels...does anyone knows of any that are at a reasonable price... Any help with names or websites, with prices would be great!!
Gracias!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I'd really like to stay at Pension Serena, but I really need Internet access where I am to do work. Cafes really aren't going to cut it, as I need to focus. What's the cheapest pension, hostal, or apart-hotel with wired or wireless Internet access that's reliable?

Hey Peetie - The Maision Gautreaux has free Wi-Fi in the building. They also have a desktop computer with printer etc. in the lobby for free use by all patrons. The hotel is nice and they rent by the day, week, month, etc. - Suggest the you email the owner (Juan) and negotiate a rate. He is a fair man and you can get a great deal. Website is Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto.

Mention that you know me (Dave from Rhode Island) he should give you a discount and take good care of you.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Although the dollar is stronger than the peso...

$25 per night seems like a heck of a bargain to me. I don't think that you are going to find anything less than that with the wi-fi unless you are willing to opt for roaches possibly never any hot water plus everyother day having electricity.....

perhaps you should try to find a roomate and you can share and save $$

:surprised

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
So far, I haven't found anything less than $25/night with Internet access and that's Condo-Parque. Is this the cheapest or am I missing something?
with or without internet $25/night is cheap in the Dominican Republic, certainly in Santo Domingo. You might be used to finding cheaper hotels or hostels in other developing countries, but for a poor country the Dominican Republic has relatively expensive hotels.

Florie

Jun 21, 2006
I am in DR and I reserved Condo-Parque from the US. I stayed there at my arrival here and will return shortly from Sosua. I personally went to Casa Serena and Maison while in SD to compare Comdo-Parque and I feel fortunate to had found Condo-Parque. The place is clean, a/c, TV, the closet has a security box, the staff provides sterling service, the owenr name is Walter and he is involved daily on the operations - he provides all the assistance that you need to make your stay here a good experience. He called a taxi or me to take me to the Caribe Tours that was under US $3.00, pointed where to exchange my US money. I am leaving the best about Condo-Parque!!! It is right in the middle of the Colonial Zone without the expense of other hotels. A couple of blocks from the Calle de las Damas y Colon Ave. The hotel is very safe. There is a front gate that is kept locked and the staff is always at hand to let in only guests of the hotel. Condo-Parque has a restaurant that is very economical in price and visitors can be found around this area - visited by locals. The price for a queen bed and a full is $35. An incredible price for all that is offered. Have a great trip!!!!

Florie

Jun 21, 2006
One more thing about the Condo-Parque location: there is less than a block away an internet place that charges US$1.00 for one hour of service. You can make phone calls from there also. If you want to get out at night and feel safe there is an open bar on the corner that offers drinks and plays great music and a few steps further there is another bar that from the street you can see the locals dancing. A short distance from the hotel- you can see the place from your hotel window. I read every page on this board before making my decision, researched, sent e-mails and found one of the repeated recomendation given by a member on this thread caters to visitors per hour. I feel that is important to let visitors know this about the hotels so they can make the best choice for their interest while visiting DR. Condo-Parque is not a visitor freindly. Maison highly tolerates visitors. Hope this helps you make the best decision for your needs while in DR.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Another suggestion, The CasaNewYorker, it's a small 8 room b&b one block from Parque Independencia and the Colonial Zone. I've stayed there several times. Danny is the new manager and can be reached via email at scotch@casanewyorker.com or via Welcome to Casa New Yorker Hotel,

anyway, they're also renting for $35/night (published price) with ceiling fans, a/c, hot water, cable tv and wireless internet (or at least the wireless was working last march when I was there last). 24 hr security, small colmado across the street.

Contact Danny and make an offer for a months stay, I'm sure he can be accomodating. PM me

Karlheinz