Gays and Casa Campo

Ms.Z

Apr 29, 2004
I am considering leasing a luxury villa at Casa de Campo and inviting several very conservative gay male friends to join me. (I am a straight female). I see that several gay cruises have docked at Casa de Campo. I would like to know if anyone thinks my friends would be treated ungraciously at Casa de Campo.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They will not be treated any way but GOOD!

If they had lots of "piercings" tatoos,blue hair,and were in Drag they might get "Looked At"! Most places I have heard about are "Gay Friendly"! More "looks" from other tourists than from dominicans! Cris Colon

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Gay males

Ms.Z said:
I am considering leasing a luxury villa at Casa de Campo and inviting several very conservative gay male friends to join me. (I am a straight female).

I see that several gay cruises have docked at Casa de Campo. I would like to know if anyone thinks my friends would be treated ungraciously at Casa de Campo.
You will find a number of attractive and intelligent gay males are working in the restaurants at La Marina inside Casa de Campo.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Don't care...

Ms.Z said:
I am considering leasing a luxury villa at Casa de Campo and inviting several very conservative gay male friends to join me. (I am a straight female). I see that several gay cruises have docked at Casa de Campo. I would like to know if anyone thinks my friends would be treated ungraciously at Casa de Campo.

Nobody here cares what other people do in their own bedrooms. They don't care if they admit they are gay...that is not a problem, there are gays in the Dominican Rep. and our culture and attitude towards it has changed very much from say, 30 years ago.
They would be stared at if the kiss and hold hands on the street...but not much else.

Tell your friends it's ok to come to the DR.

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
DRshooter said:
Nobody here cares what other people do in their own bedrooms. They don't care if they admit they are gay...that is not a problem, there are gays in the Dominican Rep. and our culture and attitude towards it has changed very much from say, 30 years ago.
They would be stared at if the kiss and hold hands on the street...but not much else.

Tell your friends it's ok to come to the DR.

Well, I guess I HAVE been in NYC too long... Two dudes or two women holding hands and kissing is a DAILY visual reminder that I live in the most tolerant city on earth!! No one breaks a stride or even glances (unless they're tourists, of course)... NYers just keep it movin'...

"...And the colored girls sing - do de-do de-do do de do do de-do de-do do de do dooooo..."

Ms.Z

Apr 29, 2004
Gay Guests at Casa de Campo

Thank you all for your responses. We are all African American New Yorkers and though the city is very tolerant, my friends are not at all flamboyant in their behavior. Every one is a sophisticated, highly educated professional and two of the three single ones are drop-dead gorgeous but extremely conservative. My major concern about Casa de Campo is that it is a very straight, family oriented, golf resort. The resort's appeal for me are the gorgeous villas and beautiful setting. I just don't want my friends to be made uncomfortable if, for instance, we wanted to eat outside of the villa at a resort restaurant as a group. Five men and two women. Also, I don't think there is any club or bar in the La Romana area where we could all go and have a good time. I would have to arrange a night out for them to a club in Santo Domingo. But I have passed on your responses to them for consideration and perhaps we will come to Casa de Campo at the end of July after all. Have to check on the weather in the DR at that time year. Thanks again all.

Ms. Z

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
question

as a gay tourist myself i have found that most places are quite "friendly". Actualy....i didnt care too much for the capital as i live in NYC and i just dont care for an urban environment when i travel.

I am discrete when i travel.....and not really into the sankies (tho i do know some). I traveled solo the first few times....and well....i have actualy developed real friendships with some of them.

These days i prefer the company of some of my more mature friends that i have met.

But why base it on sexuality? you have mixed company. So you all can have fun....and the guys might wanna dance with the girls. I dont know of any real gay CLUB except in the capital. so go have fun....im sure there are guys to meet there tho i have never been to casa de campo.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Casa de Campo has a large disco on their property Altos de Chevon.

We've been there several times and you're right - it's a conservative, white, country club type of people there. If you're going in the summer, you'll probably see more families there.

But wherever you go, i'd leave the hand-holding/kissing stuff back in the villa.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Ms.Z said:
Thank you all for your responses. We are all African American New Yorkers and though the city is very tolerant, my friends are not at all flamboyant in their behavior. Every one is a sophisticated, highly educated professional and two of the three single ones are drop-dead gorgeous but extremely conservative. My major concern about Casa de Campo is that it is a very straight, family oriented, golf resort.

You sound like chic New Yorkers and would fit right in at Casa de Campo. No worries there, and as far as dining out of the villa I don't see that as a problem either. Educated, well behaved people willing to spend their dollars in the DR is what that country needs. Go and have fun. It w/b fine.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Oh Really?

nycVu said:
...is a DAILY visual reminder that I live in the most tolerant city on earth!!

I am not sure NYC can make that claim. Certainly it is a great mix of all types of people though.

Ms.Z

Apr 29, 2004
You're all great!

After reading your responses, I feel more at ease about hosting my birthday weekend at Casa de Campo. I have a stunning villa and a great villa agent who has made me feel comfortable about my group as well. Everyone at Casa de Campo has been fantastic. So I'm looking forward to a fabulous weekend with a lot of fond memories of our stay in the DR.

Ms. Z