T.O. June 29-July 3 MONTREAL July 3 - 6

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Anyone going to be around? Anyone know of any Latino festivals in the area(s) during this time? We'd like to visit with as many of our DR1 friends as possible, and are so looking forward to meeting you. If you'd like to get together during this time, contact me by PM or post here. Does Toronto have a Dominican baseball league, as does Montreal? We'd love to see some games while there.

Thanks!!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
We have a baseball team WITH Dominicans

trina said:
Anyone going to be around? Anyone know of any Latino festivals in the area(s) during this time? We'd like to visit with as many of our DR1 friends as possible, and are so looking forward to meeting you. If you'd like to get together during this time, contact me by PM or post here. Does Toronto have a Dominican baseball league, as does Montreal? We'd love to see some games while there.

Thanks!!!

If that counts, although they lose all the time though. I live here so I guess I could say I'd be here

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Did Angel get his papers to travel through the US or are you taking the good old Trans Canada. I see that you have the dates now. My offer still stands if you are coming through Canada, and if that doesn't work for you, maybe a quick lunch or coffee in Kenora!!!
Let me know !!
Marlie

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Since we decided to move up the travelling dates due to work-related reasons, I doubt we'll have the visa in time, but it'll give us an opportunity to see a little more of our country, so it's all good! I'll contact you closer to the time because we haven't quite mapped out where we'll be and when, but lunch/coffee at least for sure!

patricia

Jan 13, 2002
Trina, you know we will be meeting up.... I guess I'll have to get in touch with Jodi and Michelle to see what is going on... Can't wait to meet all of you

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If you're taking the TransCan route.......

You definitely will be passing through North Bay!
Let me know for sure when you'll be through and I'll cook lunch or supper for you!
If you need a place to overnight that can be arranged also! I have a kid friendly bedroom that the grandsons use and an adult equipped one just a few steps down the hall.

Have a good trip and drive safely!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
MommC said:
You definitely will be passing through North Bay!
Let me know for sure when you'll be through and I'll cook lunch or supper for you!
If you need a place to overnight that can be arranged also! I have a kid friendly bedroom that the grandsons use and an adult equipped one just a few steps down the hall.

Have a good trip and drive safely!!

What an awesome group of people on the Board...opening up their homes to strangers...only in Canada, eh? ;) The offers for lodging for the night are so very appreciated, but we couldn't impose...besides, with 81 first cousins (not including spouses and children) spread out across the country, I could stop in any city and stay with family, so lodging's not an issue. We'd love to meet up for dinner, though, MommC., and of course Patricia as well, after years of talking to you, it feels like I already know you!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Trina

Dont forget to bring "Un pote de Brugal"
I dont know if that easy to find in your location but just in case.
:knockedou

Homer

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
A bit confused

Hi Trina,

What does this mean? By reading the other replies does this mean you can't visit Canada due to VISA paperwork? Are you Canadian or American?

trina said:

Thanks!!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Lesley D said:
Hi Trina,

What does this mean? By reading the other replies does this mean you can't visit Canada due to VISA paperwork? Are you Canadian or American?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm Canadian, my husband is Dominican. We thought we'd drive through the US in order to shave off about 10 hours of driving around the Lakes in Ontario. If we went South in Sask., drove through North Dakota, Illinois, Michigan, etc., it's a lot faster, plus we'd get to see a little different scenery. I don't think we can get Angel (my husband) a US Visa in time for the journey though.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
simpson Homer said:
Dont forget to bring "Un pote de Brugal"
I dont know if that easy to find in your location but just in case.
:knockedou

Homer

I think we will...we'd drank/given away all of ours from the last trip to the DR, but another Dominican from Calgary brought us back a bottle...I think this trip would be a great time to drink it! Hmmmmmmmm...if we did get a US visa, we could probably find some Brugal and Presidente along the way, couldn't we?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Okay

Okay- so we are still on. ?Muy bien!

trina said:
Sorry for the confusion. I'm Canadian, my husband is Dominican. We thought we'd drive through the US in order to shave off about 10 hours of driving around the Lakes in Ontario. If we went South in Sask., drove through North Dakota, Illinois, Michigan, etc., it's a lot faster, plus we'd get to see a little different scenery. I don't think we can get Angel (my husband) a US Visa in time for the journey though.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No Problemo Trina.........

Just let me know what day you'll be here and I'll lay out an Italian spread for you and yours! (after the diet I've been on Hubby will LOVE a full home cooked Italian meal hehehe!).
I'll PM you with my home phone # so we can hook up once you get close...... :glasses: