Good AI hotel in Cabarete or Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famebk

Mar 29, 2004
I will be going to DR for my first time in two weeks im just trying to retreive some info on which is the best area or hotel me and my friend should stay at. Thanks.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Famebk said:
I will be going to DR for my first time in two weeks im just trying to retreive some info on which is the best area or hotel me and my friend should stay at. Thanks.

Are you completely sure you want to stay at an AI? You might get a better feel for the country if you stay at a simple hotel and eat in different restaurants and frequent different beaches and bars etc.

Larry

URock

Feb 10, 2003
Cheaper in long run.........

Larry said:
Are you completely sure you want to stay at an AI? You might get a better feel for the country if you stay at a simple hotel and eat in different restaurants and frequent different beaches and bars etc.

Larry

Although I am not sure where Famebk is flying from, it seems to be cheaper to book a package deal, which includes an AI, than it is to pay for everything seperately. Now I am coming from a Canadian persprective here. There are packages out of Halifax, NS that are only $600.00 CDN that includes everything......flight,hotel,drinks and meals.

BTW....I, like you, would rather do the "better feel for the country" thing myself, but at those prices, sometimes you just have to sacrifice.

Or, maybe I am just way off base and money has nothing to do with Famebks trip. :ermm:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
If money is an object then I agree, that is a great price. I generally get a good airfare and stay in a 30 dollar per night hotel so all things considered, I dont go for the AI. I just figured I would make the suggestion.
Larry

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Famebk, Casa Marina Reef in Sosua is a very popular AI and has the reputation of giving good value.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Ken said:
Famebk, Casa Marina Reef in Sosua is a very popular AI and has the reputation of giving good value.

I agree with Ken that the Casa Marina would be a good choice. This resort also seems to be on a lot of "deals" from various tour operators. And the resort is close enough for you to spend a lot of time in town and get to know the local spots and restaurants as well as having the AI privleges at the resort. In other words the best of both worlds.

As far as AI packages go, you can use them to get to the location you want and then strike out on your own, using the AI resort as a "home base". The last time I went to the DR I paid under $700 US for air, hotel, food, drinks, and watersports at an AI. When I checked the airfare to try to stay at a non-AI, the fare alone was over $700. So take what they give you and tweak it to do what you want. You can eat and drink in town all you want, and still stay at an AI.

You might also check out the Azurro Club and Viva Tangerine in Cabarete.

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
We stayed at Casa Marina Beach in Sosua last January. It?s a great al-inclusive with good value. Appleman, we?ll have to have another cold one at Eddy?s this January!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
great price on Casa Marina

Boh said:
We stayed at Casa Marina Beach in Sosua last January. It’s a great al-inclusive with good value. Appleman, we’ll have to have another cold one at Eddy’s this January!

Great to see you are still around boh. I'd love to have a few brews with you again. Let me know when your next trip is.

I just received this email offer from travelbyjen.com about an hour after posting above. Almost too good to pass up.

Puerto Plata, Air, 7 Nts, All - Inc $499!

Your package Includes

RT Airfare

7 Nts hotel stay at the 4* Casa marina beach & Reaf Resort

Rt transfers to and from the resort

All meal, drinks, tips and non - motorized water sports

Upgrade to the Riu Mambo for Only $39 per person for the week! Or
Upgrade to the 6* Riu bachata for Only $139 for the week!

Departures available for May 28, 31 June 4,
7,11,14,18,21,25 & 28!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
CAsa Marina Reef or Beach

Ken said:

Not only do they give good value, but they are one of the few all inclusive hotels in the country that are situated right in town, so you can just walk out and be in the thick of things. Most of these resorts are so isolated, that they are only good for newly-weds and nearly-deads.

tigre72

May 6, 2003
I think it would be a big shame to go AI in Cabarete. You have all the great restaurants on the beach serving international cuisine and you can eat well on all budgets. You can go to a different restaurant every night for the 2 weeks of your stay.
If you want a huge eat as much as you can place go to the Tropicoco at the end of Cabarete.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I would recommend the Viva Tangerine... Great AI resort for the price very close to Cabarete.

Status
Not open for further replies.