boca chica hotel?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Looks Good, New Name(s)

I watched the Super Bowl there in January and they showed us around at 1/2 time - smallish clean rooms with TV, air, safe, good bed, good bathroom ( tub and shower), nice grounds, with a pool and a lot of area , even caged tropical birds. OK restaurant, iffy service at times especially breakfast - it was $40 a night with tax as I recall.

As to the name - due to some family issues (the bar on the beach is also related - called Milanelli) , if I am informed correctly someone died and the bar was a tenant and you know how that goes in the DR - it changed to Hotel Arena and that name lasted a whole 3 weeks, until I went back in February and it is now Tropical Resort Milan or similar, though I think the phone and e-mail is probably the same.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I stayed there 1 year ago and it was very nice. They will drive you to the beach if you want. They will also pick you up at the airport. The food was good at the resturant but I didn't eat there much. The staff was friendly. The owner and his dad were fun humans too. The only thing I didn't like was it was about 6 blocks from the beach. If you wanted to go out at night the walk back alone could be a bit scarry. But then they did say they would pick you up if you wanted.
All in all I liked the place. The pool was clean. The rooms were old fashioned but clean and nice. The monkey was cute. People friendly and helpful.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
check these 2 hotel

check out El Candil and/or Costalunga.

very very nice...very affordable.....and just 2 blocks away from the beach!