Car Rental ???

Trompeta

May 3, 2004
I will be traveling to DR in July (via SDQ) with the wife and kids.... because I will be going to Santiago, Jarabacoa, San Francisco de Macoris, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo I think I'm better off renting a small SUV (like a Rav4 or Sidekick). I lived overthere about 10 years ago and was there last year (w/o wife and kids) so I know how to get around. I've checked the major rental places like Budget/National/Alamo/Dollar and they very expensive ($70+/day). I know there are many independent rental places there too but I dont know any of them.

Can anyone here suggest and/or share experiences doing this? Prices? When? Type and condition of vehicle?

Thanks in advance,
Trompeta
trompeta @ earthlink . net

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Just rent a car

There is really no need to rent anything other than a car to handle the destinations you listed. A small, top-heavy deathtrap of an SUV would be the last thing on earth I would ever rent given the inconsistant road conditions and poorly disciplined drivers in the DR.

I returned from my recent trip to the DR on April 8th where I logged nearly 2,000 Km on 2 vehicles rented from National. A Nissan Sentra like my rental would serve you well and at a cost of $45/day, $270/week.

FYI, I made multiple trips between SDQ airport, Boca Chica, San Francisco de Macor?s, Constanza, and San Juan de la Maguana.

Cuidate,

Swede

Hot Deals

May 13, 2004
www.hotdealsrentacar.com
Right rental vehicle

On this topic you'll get many opinions. I think the right rental vehicle for you is an SUV and not a sedan. The sedan will work for Santiago, Santo Domingo & other places mentioned, but not for Jarabacoa. An SUV is also a safer vehicle for kids. I rent vehicles and speak from what my clients do. One of my customers (a Floridian) rented a car, but when he visited Jarabacoa he changed his mind and asked me to get him a Honda CRV.

E-mail me your exact rental dates and glance at my website www.hotdealsrentacar.com and let me know what vehicle you like and I'll see what rates I can give you.

Whether you rent from us on this occasion or not, we wish you a great trip & enjoy DR!

Felix Santana
http://www.hotdealsrentacar.com

Trompeta

May 3, 2004
Hot Deals said:
On this topic you'll get many opinions. I think the right rental vehicle for you is an SUV and not a sedan. The sedan will work for Santiago, Santo Domingo & other places mentioned, but not for Jarabacoa. An SUV is also a safer vehicle for kids. I rent vehicles and speak from what my clients do. One of my customers (a Floridian) rented a car, but when he visited Jarabacoa he changed his mind and asked me to get him a Honda CRV.

E-mail me your exact rental dates and glance at my website www.hotdealsrentacar.com and let me know what vehicle you like and I'll see what rates I can give you.

Whether you rent from us on this occasion or not, we wish you a great trip & enjoy DR!

Felix Santana
http://www.hotdealsrentacar.com

Thank you Felix for your info... I will get in contact with you ASAP.