17 Days and counting.....

ezbrz

Mar 1, 2004
till we leave for Peurto Plata. we are staying at the Breezes from May 22-30. anyone else going that week? i have never been to the Dominican Republic but have since read of tons of great things to see and do and both my husband and i can't wait to go! we are definately doing the pub crawl and a snorkeling trip. can't wait!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I hear 'ya

ezbrz said:
till we leave for Peurto Plata. we are staying at the Breezes from May 22-30. anyone else going that week? i have never been to the Dominican Republic but have since read of tons of great things to see and do and both my husband and i can't wait to go! we are definately doing the pub crawl and a snorkeling trip. can't wait!!
For me, 1 day, 23 hours and a few seconds, but who's counting!!!!!

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
miguel said:
For me, 1 day, 23 hours and a few seconds, but who's counting!!!!!

You are and I'm hatin' on you!! I'm beyond jealous... :devious:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sorryyyyyy, ok I am not sorry!

nycVu said:
You are and I'm hatin' on you!! I'm beyond jealous... :devious:
If it makes you feel better, I will drink a presidente under a nice patio, under a nice umbrella, in a Zona Colonial hotel, with the most amazing company that anybody could ever have, for you. Ok?.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
I'll be in Puerto Plata/Sousa area too

I'll be there in 13 days.....don't really know where I'm going to be sleeping at yet. Guess I'll figure that out when I get there!!!

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
Well, since all that's for me...

miguel said:
If it makes you feel better, I will drink a presidente under a nice patio, under a nice umbrella, in a Zona Colonial hotel, with the most amazing company that anybody could ever have, for you. Ok?.

..Then I hope the weather reports for the next 10 days from weather.com are inaccurate and I wish for you sunny days to accompany that ice cold Presidente and "amazing company" under that nice umbrell.....

God I hate you!!

28 days and...I still haven't found a decent thong! :confused:

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
You're From My Hometown!!

MotorCity Mike said:
I'll be there in 13 days.....don't really know where I'm going to be sleeping at yet. Guess I'll figure that out when I get there!!!

...So I gotta give a couple of suggestions...

www.sosua.com for hotels/information, etc. I'm doing the Europa Hotel - www.plazaeuropahotel.com. I got a decent rate of $28.00 a night for a one-bedroom with A/C, balcony and electronic safe.

13 Days, huh? Yeah, I hate you too... :cool:

Oh, and BTW, Go Pistons!!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Thong!!

nycVu said:
...So I gotta give a couple of suggestions...

www.sosua.com for hotels/information, etc. I'm doing the Europa Hotel - www.plazaeuropahotel.com. I got a decent rate of $28.00 a night for a one-bedroom with A/C, balcony and electronic safe.

13 Days, huh? Yeah, I hate you too... :cool:

Oh, and BTW, Go Pistons!!

Did you find a decent thong yet?? :cheeky:

Send me a pic!!! :eek:

12 days and counting

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
nycVu said:
28 days and...I still haven't found a decent thong! :confused:

34 days for me to wait, and i don't have the thong problem (because i have already found a decent one <--- joke!)

tigre72

May 6, 2003
9 days for me!

Gonna start counting down by the hour soon!
Give me that Bananamama now!

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
I'd send you a pic, but...

MotorCity Mike said:
Did you find a decent thong yet?? :cheeky:

Send me a pic!!! :eek:

12 days and counting

I got a "booty-do"... What's a booty-do you might ask?

That's when your gut sticks out further than your booty do... :surprised

27 days and....I still hoping to witness a "thong malfunction"! :cool:

doodlebug

Feb 27, 2004
Pray for menos llubia

We just got back from our first two week vacation in Puerto Plata. A major portion of the time was spent under dark skies and drizzly to rainy weather. I hope for your sakes, that the sun shines a lot. It is NOT a nice place to be when it rains.

Coming from a dry climate, the extreme long term humidity made us both sick with sinus infections. So, take excellent medical insurance, an umbrella and lots of antihistimines. There is a very limited selection available there. And, as I will do for you, pray for less rain and more sun.

ps. We met Hillbilly and Bushbaby while we were there. Two rays of sunshine that we did find. Also, the golf at Playa Dorada was excellent!

Have fun all,

Last edited:

doodlebug

Feb 27, 2004
tired_boy said:
Where did you stay?

We stayed at the timeshare resort Fun Tropical in Playa Dorada. The resort was very nice, however the weather............. :disappoin

wjtoll

Jan 1, 2002
buyyourownbusiness.com
15 days

thats right only 15 days till puerto plata.even though we have been to the island 18 times we still count down days.we are staying in the gran ventana,but we will go to cafe cito and sosoua for a day or two. love the country it is far different than the new york metro area.we are staying 10 days now then back in november to punta cana.

see you there bill & linda

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
May I Suggest?

As the readers of this thread travel to their favorite Dominican destinations, I would like to take this opportunity to ask that you think about doing something special for the Dominican school children.

When you have been surfing the dr1 board, you may have noticed that there are various groups that are dedicated to helping the school children. Each group is asking that visitors please pack an extra bag full of basic school supplies for the kids. I am also asking that you do the same. If you are in the Puerto Plata area, you can donate to Fundacion Patria. If in Cabarete, donate to Dream Project. If in Sosua, donate to the Sosua project. Fundacion Patria has donation sites in other parts of the country as well. Rather than fill this space with all the details, I would ask that readers look for the Fundacion Patria thread in the General area. You can also look for Issuing A Challenge. These threads will provide you with all the background that you may need. If you have specific questions, please email me direct. If you are willing to post where you will be staying, I can give you the name of a contact person at your hotel.

Thanks for considering to help this very worthwhile cause.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)

Snowbird