Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Coconut Palms

Snorkelgirl said:
Does anyone have information, good or bad about the
Coconut Palms at Caberete? Thanks for any info
Situated halfway between Sosua and Cabarete, it has a great reputation.
What exactly would you like to know?

Snorkelgirl

Mar 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Situated halfway between Sosua and Cabarete, it has a great reputation.
What exactly would you like to know?
Just anything. I haven't been able to find much out about it.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Hi Snorkelgirl,

I stayed at the Coconut Palms a couple/three (?) years ago. What would you like to know?

It is a fairly quiet place, not a lot of activities at least while we were there, They did have quite good entertainment on the weekends.

We had a two bedroom apartment which was very spacious and comfortable. The only downside was it had a very small hot water tank, but really, the cooler showers didn't really bother me. The maid kept the place SPOTLESS. A word of warning. Keep any sugar for your coffee in either the fridge or a tupperware like container (we found one in the kitchen).

There is a regular shuttle to both Cabarete and Sosua, but if you don't feel like waiting, a taxi is very cheap. We didn't quite have the nerve yet to try a guagua but that would be even cheaper.

I would not bother with the meal plan. It is rather expensive and we found that most of the time, we would have breakfast in our apartment. The food i the restaurant is quite good, plenty of selections to satisfy anyone's taste.

The beach is a bit of a walk, but they do have one of those little tram things. We usually did not bother and just walked. The beach is, as they say "as God made it" and I found it a bit rough for swimming though I did see others swimming. The beach bar serves THE BEST Pina Coladas I have ever had. A HUGE ripe pineapple, cored, and then they scrape out the inside for good measure. They mash up the rest of the pineapple and put that back in with ice, coconut cream and of course, 151 and serve it with a straw and fork. Now that's what I call LUNCH.

One thing I really liked was that I could go down and swim in the pool in the middle of the night and no one bothered me. No one saying, "the pool closes at 6" or anything like that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rose

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We stayed there for 2 weeks last year while house hunting. It was well maintained. Our apartment was a little dinghy and never enough hot water, but it was fine for the price.

we were on top floor and got very good breezes that kept the apartment cool.

The walk to the beach was rough and kind of remote. I wouldn't walk it alone.

The complex is situated close to the highway. The biggest downside was the noise. Loud motoconchos all night long. We never got a good nights sleep. The noise was not bad, however, for the people who stayed at the back of the resort.

So, I guess your experience will be based on which apartment you'll be in.