Very BAD review of Casa Marina Bay (in Samana)

xiv

Mar 29, 2004
I just read a very negative review of the Casa Marina Bay on the following site (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Bay-Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html).

It takes about 1) food poisoning 2) bad service. The woman writing the review seemed rather emotional about her experience since it was her honeymoon.

I'm going to Casa Marina Bay this June but I'm not getting paranoid because you'll find good and bad reviews about places and "**** happens" sometimes. Doesn't mean that it's the rule.

But I was wondering if any of the users of this forum have been there and enjoyed it very much or hated it. What is your opinion on food & service?

Thanks for your help ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I was there, only for about 3 days, mind you, in 2000. I loved it. The resort is so beautiful. It has one of the most beautiful beaches and landscaping I've ever seen. The food was great (that was 4 years ago), definitely nothing to complain about, and the buffet was actually better than I'd seen in an all-inclusive. All your drinks are included in the sports bar/disco that is open at night. The only downpoints were the animacion team - the shows at night were terrible (however, activities during the day were great); and the abundance of very rude Europeans. Other than that, I loved it.

Last edited:

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Casa Marina Bay

trina said:
I was there, only for about 3 days, mind you, in 2000. I loved it. The resort is so beautiful. It has one of the most beautiful beaches and landscaping I've ever seen. The food was great (that was 4 years ago), definitely nothing to complain about, and the buffet was actually better than I'd seen in an all-inclusive. All your drinks are included in the sports bar/disco that is open at night. The only downpoints were the animacion team - the shows at night were terrible (however, activities during the day were great); and the abundance of very rude Europeans. Other than that, I loved it.

We stayed there in Nov, 2000. our general impression was that it just did not "have enough" Beach chairs, balcony chairs, plates, cups etc. The food was as good as any other AI that we have stayed in ( many) except for Cayo Largo, Cuba, which was exceptional. The last couple of years we have rented a cottage in the village, but used the beach at CMB daily. They seem to have improved the furniture situation, & the guests we chatted with were quite content. If you want to rent a motor bike, go into the village & talk to Juan & Lolo ( Belgian & French) or across the street, Wolfgang & Yanett ( German & Dominican) They all speak several languages & the prices are about the same. I wish it were December already!!. If you want more info, PM me. Stan.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
This Sounds Quite Familiar

.....isn't there a thread running now about this, some typhoid and bad food reference etc?

Anyway, reasons #12 thru #20 to avoid AI's as part of travel.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
we were there for two days in October 2003...it was a bit quiet but everything was pretty much your typical AI

xiv

Mar 29, 2004
Thanks...

I already noticed that many of you don't like AI. To be honest, this is my first AI ever. I want to try it once. I don't think I will hate it though. Depends of what kind of travel you are looking for at that particular point in time :rambo:

Thanks for your replies.. I wish someone could answer it that has gone there recently. It is amazing how "things" can change year after year...